Technical New vehicle battery. Do I need to program ECU?

Currently reading:
Technical New vehicle battery. Do I need to program ECU?

vintageb3

Hi Folks!

A few weeks ago I fitted a new vehicle battery to my 2017 2.3L Ducato motorhome. I’ve left on holiday from Scotland and crossing over to Ireland this morning. Last night when we arrived our overnight stop I noticed the vans control panel was flashing a warning light. The lights to tell you the vehicle battery is below 10V. But, the battery is sitting at 12.9V.

I’m wondering…do I need to use Multivuescan to tell the ECU I’ve changed the battery?

I know I had to do this with my Dads Jaguar XE.

If so, is there a way to do this without Multivuescan? I have it with me but I don’t have the laptop with me I use for the software. i.e. I’m on Mac and the Mac I have with me doesn’t have bootcamp/ Windows on it.

Help!

Thanks in advance!

If you are talking about the motorhome control panel, and not the instrument panel on the dashboard, then I would not expect any connection with the ECU, other than indirectly via the converters panel.

If you are talking about the motorhome control panel, and not the instrument panel on the dashboard, then I would not expect any connection with the ECU, other than indirectly vis the converters panel.
Hi Communicator. It’s the motorhome control panel but now the airbag and seats belt warning alarm is going off. I think it’s related. Just need to figure out how to get Multiiescan up and running to be able to read the error codes and clear them to see if that resolves the matter. I’m looking at Crossover for Mac to see if it will run the software. Thanks!

A common factor could be the infamous engine block earth strap, which can suffer from internal corrosion.

Standard advice is to eliminate this by attaching a temporary jump cable between an engine lifting lug, and clean earthing point.

A common factor could be the infamous engine block earth strap, which can suffer from internal corrosion.

Standard advice is to eliminate this by attaching a temporary jump cable between an engine lifting lug, and clean earthing point.
Good shout! I think I’ve read about that before….and of course forgotten. I’ll try that and get back to you. Need to deal with ferry first. Thanks!

Back