Styling New seatsfor my gt

Currently reading:
Styling New seatsfor my gt

markirish

Need help putting them in tried putting the seats in with the frames, rails and original seat carrier but they hit the roof of the punto and cant recline. Sure am doing it wrong. Anyone know where to get a lower seat carrier? The seats are omp design 2 seats and using sparco rails and frames.

do them frames look like there the wrong ones for seats with side mounts instead?

Attachments

• DSCF0295.JPG
    DSCF0295.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0296.JPG
    DSCF0296.JPG
    333.4 KB · Views: 27
that was the missus and was tickling her a few seconds before to annoy her and was rubbing them :) never noticed got her feet in the pick :p

looks like the seats are too tall for the car, that can be the case with a lot of aftermarket seats., where they supposed to be for a punto?

I bought them in murray motorsport and there the ones that picked them out for my car to fit it :(. They better fit :p they race enough punto gts to know if would fit or not

how far is the shop from you?

I'd go and ask them for advice if they know how to fit them.

Looks to me though like you have brackets to fit a side mounting seat with a seat which has threads in the bottom.

Do you need the sparco adapters? Looks like the seats may bolt to the standard subframe.

Like I say though, Murray Motorsport appear to be the experts and they should give some free advice, a lot better than we can give without the car being in front of us.

give them a ring and tell them about it., ive seen loads of times people having seats that are too tall for the car,.
Beau had similar seats in his punto come to think of it, he might have info for ya,

I tried them already there the ones that picked the seats for me so going to go nuts if dont fit but tbh i only got to speak to the salesman not the mechanic :(.

vtec your car for sale on adverts did you spray the part of the dash yourself? If so any chance could do for me, will pay ya for it :) Want it rosso red same colour as me gt though

vtec your car for sale on adverts did you spray the part of the dash yourself? If so any chance could do for me, will pay ya for it :) Want it rosso red same colour as me gt though

yeah i painted it, i have a spare centre console(bit with radio and vents in) from a punto im breaking, i can paint that for ya if ya like and swap with ya (not the bottom gear/handbreak bit,)., Are you looking for a particular colour code or will any red do ya? I think theres some red left over from a BMW the lads in the crash repairs where working on so could use that? its kinda ferrari redish lookin.,lol.,
just saying coz its not cheap for the colour match.,(y)

Edit: isnt your car really light blue?.,
EDIT again, just noticed its a GT so have a new one then, PM me and ill sort the dash thing for ya.,(y)

Last edited:
have just pmed you :) yea the gt is the new edition to my punto line up :D

Back