New punto sporting

Currently reading:
New punto sporting

Exactly.....

*puts finger over lips and refuses to say more of his opinion to avoid being moaned at!*

Ian_Dublin said:
Thanks for all the replies, he is offering 1500 off the price, do you think i would get much more off it? Its the only Fiat dealer in dublin with a sporting in stock that i can find

which dealer is it ?
There was one in Ayrton motors about a month ago. i think it was in yellow, thats out near tallaght.

Try some of the dealers down the country. especially Motorzone in Limerick or Grandons or Lee in Cork. at least to get a price, If your dealer reckons he's got the only demo Sporting in Dublin, He's not gonna do a great deal on it.

Are you trading in anything against the Sporting. I know Fiat do their open book thing, but you should still be geting a good bit off given that the new Sportings are taxed higher than the old ones, and aren't nearly as popular over here

put it this way. i know a man who bought a 2004 ex hire MG ZS for €15,500 with 7500 miles. New price €22,495 plus delivery

The Fiat salesman is getting money off Fiat just for selling a car.

Last edited:
The article's a positive comment about Punto capabilities after a stability test...it ran among the skittles at around 110Km/h, as Alfa 156 and BMW M Coupè did!And then it developed a huge 1.02g of lateral acceleration, which is the same of Maserati GT and Porsche 911 :devil: :eek: :yum:

Hi Ian, good to see another member from this side of the water! If you want a Sporting then get a Sporting, don't let the dealer push you into something you don't want. The 1.4 16v engine in the Punto Sporting is a new engine. It is also used in the Idea and will be used in the Panda Sporting when it's released. There have been no reports that I've seen that say anything other than it's a good engine. It is supposed to be quite torquey and free revving. That can only be good. A 1500 euro discount is good. Dealers in the ROI don't discount as much as they would in the UK. Don't just take this though, get the Golden Pages out and ring a few dealers around the country. Tell them what you've been offered and ask them to beat it. You never know!

Back