New owner in Perthshire

Currently reading:
New owner in Perthshire

Harry Carry

Hi and thank you for allowing me to join the group. I pick up my first Panda “pop” tomorrow, he’s on a 2014 plate and I’m looking forward to finding my way round this wee car having had Toyotas for a lot of years. Hopefully I’ll gain some knowledge from you all on the forums.

My first question is......is there a modification which will allow you to open the tailgate from inside the car?

Thanks
Ann

Welcome new member!! We all like to see new drivers joining. In answer to your question, in short no. But its an electric release so with a bit of fiddling it should be possible to run 2 wires to a touch switch on the centre console. Its a very good idea.

Hope you enjoy your car. Not as smooth or reliable as a Toyota, but much more fun. No one knows why Pandas are smile inducing cars.

Keep it serviced and give it a little ongoing TLC and it should do you well. I have now done well over 100,000 Panda miles and still think I enjoy each mile more than the last one. Or that might just be age!

Last edited:
Welcome to the FIAT forums Ann.

I'd wholeheartedly agree with the Panda being "smile-inducing" - there are some cars out there that can simply do that - my old Suzuki Jimny was one, and I wasn't disappointed when I picked up my Panda - its noisy quirky and fun.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Just driven the car hime and it certainly has the “ grin” factor. Can’t wait to give it a good cut and polish, then I’ll feel it’s mind....and we’ve boned :)

Back