Technical New Owner Here

Currently reading:
Technical New Owner Here

greaser

Just bought an x-plate JTD with 140,000 miles for £1250 .

Just registered to pick the brains of those in the know about these beasts .

I am in the trade as a mobile motor mechanic but don't know an awful lot about Multiplas .

It appears that ours has leaks from the sunroofs . Is this a common fault and what are the fixes ?.....

Cheers

If the sunroof leaks but there's no sign of permanent damage, buy some of than silicone rubber restorer from Halfrauds for about £3.

It comes in a spray can.

Try this first before you spend any money on new rubbers etc.

It's often down to rubber that's just got a bit firm and stuck in one place.

This restorer stuff does as it says on the tin.

You should treat rubber door/window/sunroof seals at least once every 3 - 4 months to keep them in tip top condition.

:eek:Bargain!!! can you find me one that cheap please(y):D

Welcome to the forum:)

Thanks to aeroadster for the sunroof advice , I now think it was driver error and the roof wasn't quite closed as having operated them the following day and it raining overnight , there was no sign of leaks...

Yup Emm , £1250 I know it to be a bargain too , I reckon it's worth nearer £2000 ?

The cambelt/waterpump etc were done recently , the clutch too , just had its front spring recall , alll new rear brakes , new battery and 1 radius arm .

The cd changer is broken though (n) everything else seems to work , and the bodywork is in v good condition .

Not bad eh ?

Thanks to aeroadster for the sunroof advice , I now think it was driver error and the roof wasn't quite closed as having operated them the following day and it raining overnight , there was no sign of leaks...

Yup Emm , £1250 I know it to be a bargain too , I reckon it's worth nearer £2000 ?

The cambelt/waterpump etc were done recently , the clutch too , just had its front spring recall , alll new rear brakes , new battery and 1 radius arm .

The cd changer is broken though (n) everything else seems to work , and the bodywork is in v good condition .

Not bad eh ?

"not bad"??!! tats bloomin brillient!!:eek:(y) im well jealous, next you will be telling me its a black or silver one!:cry:

The sunroofs on my multipla leak intermitently.

It can pour down and not a drop comes through. But on other occassions it can drizzle and I'll get wet.

I've taken it to the garage and they say it probably the rain gutters getting gunked up as the water isn't coming through the sunroof itself, but gathers in the roof lining and comes out the motor access panels in the roof.

Just something I have to live with they said at the garage.

:mad:

:yeahthat::eek:, Great price. How did you get it so cheap again?;)

I am in the trade , the chap I bought it from is a work acquaintence of nearly 30 standing , plus he is a friend .

I was helping him with a clutch on a diesel transporter and he happened to mention that he was thinking of selling the Multipla ( I've name it Gopher - see if you can work out why ) as he didn't use it much . I said that i could be interested.... It came to me quicker than I anticipated as he phoned to tell me that another of his customers had blown their car up and needed a replacement and he wanted to know if my interest was keen or not , so I bit the bullet and bought it .

Emm it's lime green although Fiat call it yellow...

I have a '52 plate gsi Zafira to sell if anyone's interested :(

Last edited:
Back