General New Multijet

Currently reading:
General New Multijet

grey bear

Hi all,

I picked up my new MJ from Pewsham today - it's lovely :) - i got the blue badges thankfully. I didn't think the red badges would match the silver paint job and grey/blue interior.

Was picking my bag up from the front passenger footwell and noticed that a panel was 'missing' (to the right of where the passenger's foot would be) - there seems to be some foam/sponge and cables on show. Is this normal - I didn't notice it when I was shopping for the Panda, but i just called the sales department at the dealership and they reckon they are all like that!? :confused:

On and no code cards either - i was in such a rush to drive it that i forgot to ask the dealer for copy :bang:

Grey Bear

Sorry I can't help with the panel but your comment on code cards got me thinking. Could you post up a checklist if the things I and others should check when collecting our new MJs

I've driven the MJ from Pewsham to Cardiff and from Cardiff to Nottingham since friday and have loved every minute of it :) I can't believe how much fun it is to drive. Find it really frustrating keeping the revs down while I run the engine in though... soon the Panda will be able to run free though :slayer:

LR90... not sure that I'm any kind of expert in giving advice on cars but here's a checklist that I wrote myself for when I picked up mine. Mostly common sense and shouldn't be a probelm with a new car, but worth checking before you leave dealership.
1) check paintwork and tyres are in good condition
2) check remote keys work and that doors, bonnet and hatch open and close properly
3) spare wheel and jack in boot
4) dashboard check - lights, windows and I.C.E (check that stereo has MP3 headunit), aircon - i got the dealer to give me a quick demo of how it all worked.
5) service book has the pre-delivery inspection (PDI) stamp.
6) tax disc in place

Also,
Don't expect code cards (thanks T14086).
It seems the 'missing panel' in the passenger footwell is a 'feature'
If you want a locking filler cap - call the dealer in advance and see if they have one in stock (i think it costs about 15 pounds)

Grey Bear

Back