General New member with Panda 750

Currently reading:
General New member with Panda 750

Hi peeps! Just to introduce myself, name is Vince and I live near March in Cambridgeshire. Well, last week I was just perusing through ebay as I do and spotted a Panda 750 Mania with some issues so kept an eye on it. As is the way with ebay it had been 'sold' the previous week for £200 but was now relisted. Anyway I stuck a bid in and hey presto I have a new baby for £156. The photos of it were not the best so when I went to collect it I was quite pleased it didnt appear to be a complete basket case. Towed it home on an a-frame behind my similar age VW LT campervan from where it was in High Wycombe annoying everyone on M25 and A1 on a friday evening rush hour. For those that dont know these old LTs struggle to keep up with lorries. Add a small hill and a headwind and a little Fiat on the back and its just well, embarrasssing! Like I care. :rolleyes: Anyway its now in my back yard and the spanners have been out, clutch is slipping bad, probably damaged cover plate as pedal is nearly on floor. Spotted a bit of rust around rear seat belt area, attacked that a bit and now I have some new air vents......... :) Great, another new project, as if I dont have enough already. Anyway, on the plus side 20 year old son appears to love it, and even the car snob wife doesnt look too displeased......

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have now moved the gearbox over a couple of inches and got the clutch out. Forks were bent on one side. So a new 160mm kit sent off for. £50. How come the 170mm ones are cheaper??? I will get some service bits too. Oil filter looks about 10 years old.

Just a little update. Today I finished putting the new clutch in. Did actually manage it without totally removing the gearbox but not sure if that really saved any time. Spent a while making a little tool from some 15mm and 32mm copper pipe to centralise the clutch but couldnt use it in the end cos I couldnt get the bugger in with my big hands! So I had to use the old tried and tested visual way and its gone nicely, no judder. Took it for a ride about 6 miles and blimey, it certainly whips along for a 750! Tomorrow I am going to degrease the engine and clean in there, change the engine oil and filter and top up gearbox oil. Drive belt looks quite new but havent checked the cambelt yet. Best I do these things now or they get put on the back burner. A bit of rust on the passenger door and just a smidgeon on the drivers door but thats about it. Sooner or later I will learn how to put photos up, havent even took any yet, but if I get stuck I will ask the Grandkids. Oh, and wheres the bloody smilies???????

you can upload photo's on the gallery on here - its in the blue bar near the top

smilies are on the right if you click "go advanced" below the reply box (y)

sounds like you have a nice little car!

Back