Technical New member, got a few niggles

Currently reading:
Technical New member, got a few niggles

pm77

Hi,

My wife has just bought an 06 model (not facelift). There are a couple of problems with it. One side of the fan control panel doesn't light up (I know it's probably a bulb). How do you remove the panel to repace the bulbs?

The other is that there is water in the boot under the spare wheel. Where do I start to look for leaks?

Regards,

PM77

Definately a bulb for the controls. I have climate so havent needed to replace any bulbs but I would start by trying to get the panel of in front of the passengers legs and then the gear lever surround, after this you should be able to see more. The panel comes off fairly easily.
I always take a lot off and go carefully the first time I take trim out to fix something as you dont want to break any clips.

For the water I would think it is around the rear lights, someone has probably replaced a (brake light) bulb and not got the seal fitted correctly. (i think I had to reseal ours but cant remember now)

Also look a where the wires go into the tailgate at top to make sure the grommet is fitted correctly.

Back