20774_453041270143_589675143_10753318_7233836_n.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) (NEW) Kenny the 1.2 Punto.

Introduction

LAST THREAD CLOSED FOR USING IMAGE HOSTING (NOW CHANGED)

Hey all

This is Kenny (name derived from Reg). He is a 2005 55plate Mk2B Punto. Underneath the bonnet is hiding a 1.2l 8v engine.

the car is nearly all the standard Active Sport specification except a few modifications and repairs

Interior;
HU - Sony Xplod BT-3700
Front Speakers - Alpine TypeE 2-Way co-axial 220W 16cm
Sub - Sony Xplod 1000w inverted sub
R Amp - Mutant 4 channel 600w

Exterior;
Smooth sided
Abarth badges (vinyl)
GMAX 30mm Lowering springs (Not yet fitted next few weeks)
6mm Style striping

Engine;
RS Filter kit (since removed and will be refitted after christmas)

UPCOMING;
Reconditioning alloys and painting either Gun Metal Black or White
Grande Punto styling stripes
Badgeless Grill
Limo Black tinting to rear 3 windows.
Sun Strip.

20774_453041270143_589675143_10753318_7233836_n.jpg

The day i got Kenny from the CarPeople

SDC108491.JPG

SDC108471.JPG

SDC108512.JPG

47034_439656222180_671272180_5826287_1101220_n.jpg

Spreading his doors after a long Leeds - Perth trip on half a tank.
Next few items thought of in the past few minutes...

ordered/in discussion with;

Supersprint oval exhaust system.

Oil Catch Tank (Thought with all the talk of these it would be a laugh)
Sounds good! You getting the full system or just part of it?
lol yeah its a cheap little thing but i think they look good in the engine bay! :D

by the sounds of it, its the rear section. so Mid-Section back. its RRP is £185 so i hope its the whole rear section. (y)

its a shame the group buy didnt pull off. but im going to look into getting one off ebay or maybe the Toyosports one. looks good, it might not do much, but what it does might make the engine run better.

For some reason i see the oil catch tank working better with aftermarket induction kits instead of the standard fiat box. no idea why :confused:

russ

by the sounds of it, its the rear section. so Mid-Section back. its RRP is £185 so i hope its the whole rear section. (y)

its a shame the group buy didnt pull off. but im going to look into getting one off ebay or maybe the Toyosports one. looks good, it might not do much, but what it does might make the engine run better.

For some reason i see the oil catch tank working better with aftermarket induction kits instead of the standard fiat box. no idea why :confused:

russ
Yeah i think i might buy one from toyosports and also an induction from them because its cheap and the full kit which i want just for the sound because i cant afford the GSR or anything close at the moment plus i need to get insurance in april so i can tell them everything all at once instead of adding things now and again lol
id love a supersprint exhaust but i might just get a different one again just for the noise, plus mines blowing a tiny bit now because its rusty as hell

Yeah i think i might buy one from toyosports and also an induction from them because its cheap and the full kit which i want just for the sound because i cant afford the GSR or anything close at the moment plus i need to get insurance in april so i can tell them everything all at once instead of adding things now and again lol
id love a supersprint exhaust but i might just get a different one again just for the noise, plus mines blowing a tiny bit now because its rusty as hell

Need it before then for YORKSHIRE ITALIA (y)

i've got the Focus Induction kit. for a budget kit its good. i got rid of the terrible filter that came with it and place a K&N filter over the pipe.

Need it before then for YORKSHIRE ITALIA (y)

i've got the Focus Induction kit. for a budget kit its good. i got rid of the terrible filter that came with it and place a K&N filter over the pipe.
Lol yeah i know, my insurance runs out on the 1st april so im gonna renew the same day hopefully with all mods on and declared for a price i can afford lol
Yeah ive got the 16v sporting so i cant get the focus induction or i would have had one by now lol so im just looking for a budget kit and the toyosports one is only £30 and thats budget enough for me :D

Lol yeah i know, my insurance runs out on the 1st april so im gonna renew the same day hopefully with all mods on and declared for a price i can afford lol
Yeah ive got the 16v sporting so i cant get the focus induction or i would have had one by now lol so im just looking for a budget kit and the toyosports one is only £30 and thats budget enough for me :D

The 16v is annoying for filters apparently. makes me glad i have an a 8v! :p only problem is the tiny little 1.2lump.

Its a good little car though. gets be from A-B perfectly most of the time with endless amounts of detours on the way. lol

My insurer have been very good with mods so far. a majority of the costs have been Admin fees to change the paper work.

EDIT;
My induction kit is the ToyoSports 8v kit. Its the "Focus" Style induction kit (y)

Last edited:
The 16v is annoying for filters apparently. makes me glad i have an a 8v! :p only problem is the tiny little 1.2lump.

Its a good little car though. gets be from A-B perfectly most of the time with endless amounts of detours on the way. lol

My insurer have been very good with mods so far. a majority of the costs have been Admin fees to change the paper work.

EDIT;
My induction kit is the ToyoSports 8v kit. Its the "Focus" Style induction kit (y)
Yeah it is a bit annoying tbh, theres the GSR, Pipercross or k&n are the main brands and k&n are apparently crap even though never tried, and pipercross and gsr are so expensive so glad ive found a nice budget kit that is cheap. i might make my own if i get chance out of silicone pipe from toyosports because its cheap on there but gonna give the ready made one a go first lol

problem with most kits is they are just filters bolted onto the TB which do nothing for the engine.

as long as you can get cold air into the filter your onto a winner. i wouldnt mind routing mine down to the front vent on the bumber at the the bottom. Problem is though the longer the pipe is from start to TB the less power you get.

would be interesting to self design one though. i know a guy who works with CarbonKevlar fibre so might start begging him to do a self designed filter kit and engine cover :D

problem with most kits is they are just filters bolted onto the TB which do nothing for the engine.

as long as you can get cold air into the filter your onto a winner. i wouldnt mind routing mine down to the front vent on the bumber at the the bottom. Problem is though the longer the pipe is from start to TB the less power you get.

would be interesting to self design one though. i know a guy who works with CarbonKevlar fibre so might start begging him to do a self designed filter kit and engine cover :D
Yeah i know i would probably just give it a go and if it didnt work then it wouldnt be too much money wasted
Lol yeah just beg him to make you stuff for free :p it might work

Yeah i know i would probably just give it a go and if it didnt work then it wouldnt be too much money wasted
Lol yeah just beg him to make you stuff for free :p it might work

For the price it might be worth doing your own. you can often source parts from motor factors aswell.

A full carbon engine cover/filter would look pretty good. problem is sizing it, fixing it, and access to replace panel filter. would be a laugh though (y)

you not spraying the alloys then?
i think they would look good white;)

Nope, leaving them as they are. only thing the alloys need is reconditioning, which i will do in the summer or later on.

however just driving back from the shops it has been snowing quite bad here and some idiot in a micra pulled out on me, so braked and turned to aviod hitting the t*** and kerbed the front left :cry:

Back