20774_453041270143_589675143_10753318_7233836_n.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) (NEW) Kenny the 1.2 Punto.

Introduction

LAST THREAD CLOSED FOR USING IMAGE HOSTING (NOW CHANGED)

Hey all

This is Kenny (name derived from Reg). He is a 2005 55plate Mk2B Punto. Underneath the bonnet is hiding a 1.2l 8v engine.

the car is nearly all the standard Active Sport specification except a few modifications and repairs

Interior;
HU - Sony Xplod BT-3700
Front Speakers - Alpine TypeE 2-Way co-axial 220W 16cm
Sub - Sony Xplod 1000w inverted sub
R Amp - Mutant 4 channel 600w

Exterior;
Smooth sided
Abarth badges (vinyl)
GMAX 30mm Lowering springs (Not yet fitted next few weeks)
6mm Style striping

Engine;
RS Filter kit (since removed and will be refitted after christmas)

UPCOMING;
Reconditioning alloys and painting either Gun Metal Black or White
Grande Punto styling stripes
Badgeless Grill
Limo Black tinting to rear 3 windows.
Sun Strip.

20774_453041270143_589675143_10753318_7233836_n.jpg

The day i got Kenny from the CarPeople

SDC108491.JPG

SDC108471.JPG

SDC108512.JPG

47034_439656222180_671272180_5826287_1101220_n.jpg

Spreading his doors after a long Leeds - Perth trip on half a tank.
Re: (NEW) Kenny the 1.2 Punto

The tread seems really good and the quality is excellent to say they are cheap. I had Dunlops on my sporting 15's and these appear as good as, and provide good grip from trying them. but time will tell.

I think next on my list of things is to get the lowering springs on finally, had them 4 months now and havent put them on for 1 reason or another.

Hopefully it will all be sorted out in time for the Yorkshire Italia Meet HINT! (y)

Im planning on it, but had a problem with a bolt on the front left hub refusing to come off and its esentialy Rusted (welded) itself in the hub.

once thats off shouldnt be a problem. might drop it off at a garage and get them to Arc weld the bolt to get it off.

The springs are 35mm Lowering springs.

I had the same problem I had to Cut it down past the rust on the end of the bolt...
use a wire brush to get most of it away and abit of fishing wire or strong wire to help remove it from the thread :)

thats sweet,cant wait till its lowered a bit

you though about de-wipering

de-wipering doesnt really appeal to me, like having a rear wiper (dont ask why, i just do :nutter) i like the idea of de-wipering, but don't want to have a gromit there. i would want to leave everything there to reattach so wouldn't fill in the hole.

hopefully going to take it to the garage at some point next week once ive got last months wages through. got plenty of overtime to include. (y) hopefully they will be able to sort out the suspension so i can get it lowered.

Everything should be sorted for the Yorkshire ITALIA meet :slayer:

If the suspension is lowered to match the alloys this could look amazing, They suit the car amazingly well :eek:

Think you may need coilovers and custom springs to get low enough though.

What size are the alloys? please forgive me if you stated earlier on :D

they are 195/45 R16 so they are 16" rims

i have 35mm lowering springs to put on. i would love to do coilovers, its just a case of money and insurance. 35mm are cheap to do on my insurer. wheras coilovers are stupidly expensive to cover. :(

I would have thought 16" alloys would have sat better in the arch than these, Mk2b's come with 14" standard?

Im actually rather surprised they suit it so well, Almost the perfect combination! You definitely thought this through :D

35mm should be a good drop, I thought with insurance company's it goes from 0-40mm drop then 50+mm drop, So you might get away with 5mm more?

im happy with 35mm. my insurer said its a £30 fee. a majority of that is admin to add it too your policy.

i don't want a too bigger drop as the roads round my estate are littered with full road speed bumps. (or ramps as i call them)

i'm even surprised at how well they have worked. i'm really impressed with it.

my alloys that came off the punto were 15" sporting alloys. they were 185/55 15's

I would have thought 16" alloys would have sat better in the arch than these, Mk2b's come with 14" standard?
well actually, 195/45/16's make them the same rolling radius as the standard steels so the arch gap would be the same.
they do seem high though, i fitted the same fitment to mine and they seem like less of a gap in the arches. either due to the age of the shocks (maybe on their way out? :confused:) or just taking longer to settle on his.

well actually, 195/45/16's make them the same rolling radius as the standard steels so the arch gap would be the same.
they do seem high though, i fitted the same fitment to mine and they seem like less of a gap in the arches. either due to the age of the shocks (maybe on their way out? :confused:) or just taking longer to settle on his.

maybe the shocks on mine are holding on better than they normally do, they are very good shocks. however the front seems higher than the back, so maybe the front hasn't settled that well. :confused:

Cheers

Russ

yup. rear wheels dont turn so the arch dont need to be as wide. next time u look at ur car, u will see the rear arches aint as rounded. could just be fiat styling but to me it seems logical.

No, it seems logical to me too. haha. the front arch should be higher, wider and deeper to accomodate the turning circle of the wheel. might be wrong but hey. lol

Back