Technical New Generation Radio Aerial

Currently reading:
Technical New Generation Radio Aerial

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

ahmett

Prominent member
Hey guys, anyone know if its possible to fit the new generation radio aerial on the Fiat 500 as a retrofit instead of the old one? The new ones are permanent, while the old ones can be removed (which i did and now i lost = ( )

I believe they changed the aerials on the Fiat 500's in 2012?

I don't see why not. Fitting it is a pretty major pain requiring dropping the roof lining though.

I wondered this myself for the pure fact that the shorter, newer one looks more aesthetically pleasing.

Surely, you'd only need to drop the rear half of the lining and you could gain adequate access assuming the aerial has a fly lead to connect it up.

I wondered this myself for the pure fact that the shorter, newer one looks more aesthetically pleasing.

Surely, you'd only need to drop the rear half of the lining and you could gain adequate access assuming the aerial has a fly lead to connect it up.
And the better part is that it is permanent meaning you cant just screw it out meaning no one will steal it. They always removed mine during car washes and i think i lost it there. I will ask the Fiat dealer and let you know.

Well my Fiat dealer wasn't exactly helpful.

"We only search for parts using your car's vin number so cannot check the new one"

I also asked if the new model Fiat 500's steering wheel is compatible with the old one. He said no, not that I believe him of course = )

Well my Fiat dealer wasn't exactly helpful.

"We only search for parts using your car's vin number so cannot check the new one"

I also asked if the new model Fiat 500's steering wheel is compatible with the old one. He said no, not that I believe him of course = )

What and the guy could not get a vin from one of the cars out front? Pretty poor response,

They probably want you to buy a new car to get the new aerial instead.

If I was a little more educated on the fitting of the aerial then I'd just bite the bullet and buy one. Maybe typecastboy could chime in again

You have to drop the head lining, that involves partially removing the rear pillar trims, removing the B pillar trims and and pulling the tops of the weather seals away. I don't remember if I took the upper seat belt mountings off. Then you've got to pop off the push fit buttons that secure the headlining.

This will give you about 3" of room to swing your spanner. The headliner is cardboard and easy to crease so needs to be dropped to at least the A pillars.

Here's one I did earlier:

_1.JPG

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back