Swan Inn, Emery Down, Lyndhurst
Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Hi all,

A family committment has arisen which means Audrey and I can't make the meet now. So sorry this is short notice but it can't be avoided.

Hope you all have a brilliant day and look forward to seeing the photos of the meet.

Best wishes
John

John, sorry to hear that you and Audrey can't be there on Sunday, hope that everything is OK and see you both at the next one. (y)

Of course, you realalise that no-one will recognise me without your bespoke name badge.

Hi all,

A family committment has arisen which means Audrey and I can't make the meet now. So sorry this is short notice but it can't be avoided.

Hope you all have a brilliant day and look forward to seeing the photos of the meet.

Best wishes
John

That is such a shame John, but thank you so much for letting me know. Hope you have a good Bank Holiday weekend.

:D

Grim - I'm picking my mum up from Westbourne at 9.30am.... we are going the SatNav route, so might see you on the way?

It says above, "meeting 10-10.30 for coffee" ... does this mean we are going IN to the pub at that time .... don't want to unleash the monster from the car only to have to put him back in 5 minutes later, so if someone can confirm that we are sitting down for a bit or not? Thanks.

we will be admiring cars and talking in the car park with our coffee, then setting off for a drive round about 11. back to the pub for lunch at 12.

if it would be easier for you, you could always meet us at the pub (but you'd miss the scenic tour and it's great fun driving in a convoy - I expect your little lad will enjoy it)

UGH, I'm going out tonight so won't be able to wash my car properly! :(

Oh well, see you tomorrow folks, I'll be there just after 10. (y)

Grim - I'm picking my mum up from Westbourne at 9.30am.... we are going the SatNav route, so might see you on the way?

I don't know which way the sat nav will take you but the best way from Westbourne would be down Wessex Way (you are probably fed up with that road by now) to Blackwater. Turn off and go left and follow signs for Christchurch via Fairmile and Bargates. Go up the Christchurch ByPass and at the end turn left and head towards Lyndhurst through the New Forest.

As you approach Lyndhurst you are going down a hill and the road turns quite sharply to the right and the pub is on that bend, on your right.

Some people miss the entrance if they haven't been there before and shoot past and have to turn round and come back. LOL.

Also, before Ben changed the map location to Google the position of the pub was misplaced and we could see Padgman last year looking for it in the wrong place Ha! Ha!

Sat Navs can also take you to the wrong place if you use post code hence my own directions for you.

UGH, I'm going out tonight so won't be able to wash my car properly! :(

Oh well, see you tomorrow folks, I'll be there just after 10. (y)

oooh that's good Lloyd, perhaps my little car will actually be shinier than yours then (y) I've washed, shampooed, polished, cleaned the glass inside and out and hoovered mine today :eek:

knowing my luck, the shock will probably mean the poor thing breaks down :D

No padgman and Mrs Padgman this time :cry:

Tracy, it's a double shame as everyone seems to want YE YE GREEN (except 306Maxi who called it Chuckup Green or similar) and we won't have one this year AFAIK.

Still we will have a few new members which is always good so just the weather to organise now. Shame that NP won't be there, I was getting quite fond of his smart as well. LOL.

For nostalgia, lol.

P1020725.JPG P1020710.JPG P1020716.JPG P1020718.JPG

Back