Posted by booklady
Swan Inn, Emery Down, Lyndhurst
Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
OK - going to see my mum for a few days tomorrow so I'll have a chat with her and see if she wants to come with me ... already told hubbie i'm going out with my mum for the day but haven't mentioned details to either yet (feel a bit rebellious not telling people what I'm planning to do! ha ha). I'll let you know after the weekend probably. thanks.

Just another thought - I'm crappo at remembering names. How about some stick on badges with our real christian names and our forum name.

I would be happy to sort this if someone supplies all the names etc. Could bring along some spares for late arrivals too.

John and Audrey

(Baxwalker)
If I do attend, it'll be Heidi, Stephanie and James. Anyone that's hungry is usually able to finish off my son's food as he has his eye on the ice cream halfway through the main course!

Tracy, with the event times being 12.00 - 14.00 and the drive/photoshoot taking approx one hour does that mean that we will doing the scenic tour after lunch or do you want to do it before lunch and arrive at the pub earlier, same as last time? :)

I think we should do it before Grim as once we all get talking and eating, I think it will be hard to get everyone away from the table - what do you think?

I had a thought yesterday (don't worry it does happen!!), if the weather was nice, should we go for a 500 picnic instead? :yum:

what do you all think? Obviously we would need to make the decision nearer to the day, when we know the weather forecast, but I thought it would make a change?

Tracy, I think that this time we should go for the original plan, especially as Lloyd is only coming for the curry, lol, but the picnic idea is worth considering for next year, perhaps in conjunction with a venue at Beaulieu as suggested by someone else?

I know the picnic went down well at the IOW so I will certainly help with any arrangements next year if we go down this route.

What about meeting up at pub car park 10.00 - 10.30 for introductions and coffee as before, then go for the drive and photoshoot?

Back to the pub for chat and lunch and that way the people who have travelled a long way can still get home at a reasonable time.

I think we should do it before Grim as once we all get talking and eating, I think it will be hard to get everyone away from the table - what do you think?

I had a thought yesterday (don't worry it does happen!!), if the weather was nice, should we go for a 500 picnic instead? :yum:

what do you all think? Obviously we would need to make the decision nearer to the day, when we know the weather forecast, but I thought it would make a change?

I would vote for the pub option rather then the picnic, being a Bank Holiday weekend it's just asking for trouble from the rain gods :devil:

Like the idea of the 10-10:30 start with coffee, will not need to stop for caffeine fix on way from Harrow then.

Ok, I have booked tables for 24 at 12 noon.

If you know you can't make it (even if you decide the night before), please let me know, so I can tell the pub - obviously it will be a Bank Holiday weekend and it is unfair to them if they keep tables for us when they could let someone else have them.

Looking forward to meeting you all (again!)

I can definitely come, I managed to get the day off. :D Really looking forward to it now!

Back