South Central New Forest 2013 Xmas Get Together.

Currently reading:
South Central New Forest 2013 Xmas Get Together.

New Forest 2013 Xmas Get Together.
Posted by grimwau
The Green Dragon at Brook, Hampshire, SO43 7HE.
Sunday, December 1, 2013 - 12:00 AM
Until: Sunday, December 1, 2013 - 03:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
and we know that there is no water at all in the ford. Is that good or bad news? LOL, see you all tomorrow!

This ford brings back traumatic memories ... The last time I went through it a big bald guy in a Hyundai i10 decided to go at the same time with his window right down. He got absolutely drenched and followed me for ages, was quite scary at the time but quite amusing now :) he was very angry, I'm not sure if he was more angry about getting soaked or being about the same size as his car and looking a little out of place ... Hmm

Last edited:
Just got back from our little day out. Great to see everyone and some new faces.

Thanks to Tony and Mark for their efforts today.

Some pictures below.

Chris

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 43
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 45
Just arrived home after a 1hr drive. Good to have a meet up and put faces to names. Well done for the organisation it was faultless.(y)

Tony. The bladder did hold out until I got home:D

Many thanks to Tony and Mark for all your efforts (y)- we had a good time today. Good to see everybody and hope you all had a safe journey home.

Just got back from our little day out. Great to see everyone and some new faces.

Thanks to Tony and Mark for their efforts today.

Some pictures below.

Chris

Thanks Chris, glad you and Jean had a good time.

I think that Hedley (Moonraker25) might have been using his phone or pad when he "disliked your post and just pressed the wrong button.

Just arrived home after a 1hr drive. Good to have a meet up and put faces to names. Well done for the organisation it was faultless.(y)

Tony. The bladder did hold out until I got home:D

Chas, a little too much information but glad you didn't need to make a pit stop en route. Glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you at the next meeting in the summer.

Many thanks to Tony and Mark for all your efforts (y)- we had a good time today. Good to see everybody and hope you all had a safe journey home.

Cheers Hedley, everyone agreed that this was the best one yet, it'll be a hard act to beat but we'll try our best. Mark and I have already discussed an outline plan for next year (Summer 2014) and I'll keep you all up to speed as soon as we have something concrete.

Can only reiterate what is said above, great location, great food, lovely drive but most importantly a nice bunch of people to share it with :thumbup:

Looking forward to the summer meet :D

Thanks to everybody for making this the best Xmas meeting to so far. This is not taking anything away from previous events which have all been excellent but today we had the most people and the most cars to date.

Special thanks to Mark (yellowluigi) for yet another brilliant route, his knowledge of the New Forest is amazing but even he hadn't been to the photoshoot point prior to planning todays road trip. (y) The only thing missing as we all parked up was @dombooth to organise us properly, but maybe next time Dom.

I know Ian (RUI) will have taken some great pictures so I look forward to seeing them, I'm sure they will put mine to shame but still, here goes.

It was great to see all the old faces but also especially nice to have met some new people and hopefully they will join us again at our next FF meeting down here in the beautiful New Forest National Park.

A special thanks to Mandy and all the staff at at The Green Dragon who were so helpful and made a perfect job of catering for such an unruly bunch.

p.s. the bravery award this year goes to austenw90 for daring to turn up in a Bravo, although he did bring along a lovely young lady for distraction/protection. Mel, of course is part of the furniture so we always make a special exception for her, lol. ;)

(as always, just kidding)

Last edited:
Chris

Many many apologies - I certainly did not mean to dislike your post. Especially where you kindly put our car central in one photo:D

I have been using an iPad and do not cope well with it and the £!@@€¥ touch screen:mad:

Esme is laughing like a drain at this!

Hedley

We went for a walk before we left the forest and have just arrived back home in little Lithuana (Chatham) :)
Thanks to the organisers for a great day out... sorry to bring down the standard with our grubby car!

We went for a walk before we left the forest and have just arrived back home in little Lithuania (Chatham) :)
Thanks to the organisers for a great day out... sorry to bring down the standard with our grubby car!

Steve, thanks for your thanks, lol. You are totally forgiven as you made every effort to get it clean en route. I remembered to have a look at Ian's Hi-Fi setup but forgot entirely to ask you about how the Sat Nav project was going. It went completely out of my mind when I saw how dirty your rear end was. :D

Sorry! I mean of course the car, not you. In fact I can't talk after falling a**e first into the mud last time out.

Steve, thanks for your thanks, lol. You are totally forgiven as you made every effort to get it clean en route. I remembered to have a look at Ian's Hi-Fi setup but forgot entirely to ask you about how the Sat Nav project was going.....

No problem Tony, I did try to get something in the car for today but made the mistake of rushing the painting... the resulting mess is banished to the shed until it's hard enough to rub down and respray ;)

Thanks to everyone for joining us today. We had a great day out and really enjoyed seeing you all. It is the people that turn up that make these events, so well done! Otherwise, we would have just had to have lunch with Tony and Liz again!.................Photographs to follow later and see you all on the next one. I still cannot believe that we had 29 people and 17 cars. :slayer:

What a great day! The scenic route was delightful as ever, but this time Mark and Kirsty surpassed themselves with a top-notch photo spot- well done! Thanks Tony and Liz for impeccable organisation once again. Lots of old friends and some new faces. It was our biggest turnout so sorry for not speaking to all of you. Hopefully it can be remedied at our next meet...

Tony: I don't know if to be offended to be regarded as 'part of furniture' or delighted to be counted as one of the 'young ladies'...:D (joking of course;))

It was a nice drive with some great people.
I have a few photos to upload but I was having a look at this one below...
11157574295_4e01171920_b.jpg

and had a closer look at the sign!!!

11157626516_f0f9343b8f_b.jpg

Joking aside I will upload the others a bit later.

Back