South Central New Forest 2013 Xmas Get Together.

Currently reading:
South Central New Forest 2013 Xmas Get Together.

New Forest 2013 Xmas Get Together.
Posted by grimwau
The Green Dragon at Brook, Hampshire, SO43 7HE.
Sunday, December 1, 2013 - 12:00 AM
Until: Sunday, December 1, 2013 - 03:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
*** It has been pointed out that people using the mobile App haven't been able to see the date as posted in the header. Also, it might not be possible to add a +1. To rectify the first point this event will be taking part on SUNDAY 1st December 2013.***

Regarding the latter I'm afraid that is something that I cannot do anything about, Sorry! :cry:

Thanks for everyone's input regarding dates and venues for this year's event. It would appear from the communications I have received that this could indeed turn out to be the biggest yet so fingers crossed that the weather will be kind to us again this year.

This will be our ninth event in the New Forest and to start the day we will meet for coffee and mince pies at the Green Dragon, (click for map) Brook, Hants. The aim is arrive at about 10.00am and then set off at about 10.30 for a scenic drive through the New Forest, led as always by Mark and Kirsty in the Team YellowLuigi Fiat 500 .

Weather permitting we aim to stop somewhere en route to take some photos before arriving back at the Green Dragon at c12.00pm, for a drink and a chat before lunch.

Previously we have made our lunch stop at The Swan in Lyndhurst but they are unable to accommodate comfortably the larger party we will be this year whereas the Green Dragon has agreed to let me reserve a whole room which should be sufficient space for us all to be sat together.

Lunch will be a choice of traditional Xmas Fayre and although the official menu hasn't been received back from the printers as yet, Mark, Kirsty, Liz and I made the ultimate FF sacrifice and dined there last night and we managed to get hold of the menu template. I shall type it out and add it to this thread over the weekend. As always, for those who prefer it, there is always the à La Carte menu to choose from on the day.

http://youtu.be/xZCM3bqHdiE

THE GREEN DRAGON CHRISTMAS MENU STARTERS: 1) Creamy Pea & Spinach Soup @ £6.25
2) Warm pear Stilton & Cranberry Geneva @ £6.75
3) Gravalax with Mustard & Dill Dressing @£6.85
4) Prosciutto, Fig & Roquefort Salad @ £6.85
5) Crispy Prawn in Filo parcels, Garlic & Mayo @ £6.75

MAIN COURSES:
6) Roast Turkey with all the Trimmings @ £12.50
7) Rabbit & Chocolate Casserole @ £12.75
8) Veal & Prune Stew @ £13.25
9) Medallions of Venison & Dumplings in Red Wine Sauce @ £13.50
10) Spicy Potato Strudel in a light Curry Sauce @ £11.75
11) Roasted Cod Loin in Parma Ham with Star Anise Sauce @ £12.00
12) Chilli Mussels with Ribbon Pasta @ £12.00

DESSERTS:
13) Christmas Pudding with Brandy Sauce @ £5.50
14) Winterfruit Crumble @ £5.50
15) Chilled Jelly Berry Pudding @ £5.50
16) Chocolate Brownie + Ice Cream Sundae @ £5.50

Due to how busy it is likely be on the day can I ask all of those who wish to dine with us to please let me know as soon as possible your menu choices so that I may place your orders in plenty of time. Just post in this thread and I will collate all the information and pass it on to the Green Dragon.

For those of you who just want to join us for coffee and mince pies in the morning, the scenic drive, photoshoot and a drink at the bar when we return to the pub for lunch. can you please indicate this in your posting. Apologies if this seems a little OTT but it is a regrettable necessity to ensure that everybody who is eating will have a reserved seat for the lunch.

As the room I have reserved has a capacity of 24 maximum, depending on numbers I may need to ask for some additional tables so time is of the essence.

Hence, for guaranteed seating I need to have this information by mid-day on Saturday 9th November so please get back to me ASAP.

Of course, this isn't to say that there won't be any tables still available but it will be a case of pot luck, the longer you leave it the less chance of a table.

Please ADD yourselves to the attendees (including +1 if relevant) at the top of the page and can I also ask that those of you who haven't added your details to the "edit event registration" section in Your Control Panel to please do so ASAP. This info is then available for others to see in the Roll Call Sheet, also located at the top of this page.

For those of you who are unsure of where it is, go to the top of the Home Page and click on the USER CP tab located at the top left. Scroll down the left hand column to MISCELLANEOUS and click on the EDIT EVENT REGISTRATION tab, then just add your details. You can also ask to be reminded of an event as well, just in case your memory is going. (I'm thinking of you Chas) :p

Any questions please feel free to ask, whether in here if you consider it will benefit other forum members or else feel free to PM me.

Look forward to seeing all the usual suspects and to putting faces to names for those of you I haven't had the opportunity to meet up 'til now.

I'm in Tony! Btw, did you mean 9th of November in your original text? Food: I'll have number: 2 and 9, please Bob! (I mean, Tony) :)

Mel, thanks for the advance booking, unfortunately the formatting of the menu was changed from how I made it so I have had to remove it for now so no-one will have a clue as to what you are talking about, Ha! Ha!

I'll get it back up ASAP.

p.s. For anyone who is interested Mel has ordered Warm Pear Stilton and Cranberry Geneva + Medallions of Venison with Dumplings in a Red Wine Sauce. (I THINK)

Hi Tony, Julie would like 4 & 6 and i will have 2 & 9 please. Now you just need to sort the weather :)

Sorry Tony, so slow typing you posted the update before I hit send,
I would like the same as Mel, Julie the Prosciutto and Turkey main

Hello Tony

So looking forward to this

From the menu, I'll have 6 and 14 and Jean will have 9 and 14.

Will be nice to meet some new faces. Looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Be seeing you

Chris and Jean
(Alphacos)

Hi Tony.

I can make it now!!!:eek:

Put me down for 5,6 &16. I do not have any duties on that day, but Gill is singing in the Advent Carol Service, so is committed from lunchtime onwards with rehearsals and the actual service.

Back