Technical New Engine

Currently reading:
Technical New Engine

Jerome BN

I just bought a fiat stilo a 1.6 litre engine, theres a fault on the engine which makes the car smoke at times but otherwise the car drives fine.

I haven't had a mechanic look at it yet but I was just wondering if it came to the worst case scenario and I had to completely replace the engine roughly how much would that cost?

So can those of us with a JTD 115 replace these with a JTD 150mJet?:yum::idea:

Does anyone know roughly how much a mechanic charges to fit the new engine?

I didn't think you were being serious (or you'd just put a con rod through the side of your JTD)

It's the easiest conversion in the Stilo range and is called a 'remap' (costs £200 - £300) :)

I'm not serious but it's always nice to have upgrade options. As regards the remap I want to put a larger intercooler and a GSR induction kit on first but before that I need to pay for the new rear bumper I currently need:mad:.

Whats wrong with current one :confused:

Parked the car at night in a carpark in Leeds city centre that is basically waste land after the warehouse had been demolished and as usual I park by aligning the front of my car with the one at the side of me. However in my parking space their was a piece of wood sticking out of the ground the was about 18" high and 18" into the parking space. I guess you could say the car stopped a little sooner than I expected.:mad:

Waste of time. (n)

Apart from the bumper :)

Why a waste of time?:confused:

Why a waste of time?:confused:
Depends a lot on your motives I suppose.

I've never read of an issue with the JTD induction that had anything to do with the size of the intercooler. Might provide a small advantage for track days I guess but otherwise a complete waste of time/money.

GSR induction is no longer available for the JTD anyway (due to issues with the kit) and for anything you might get 2nd user then I'd argue they offer no benefit (remember I'm talking turbo here - not NA) other than an induction roar whilst significantly increasing the chance of destroying the engine. You should read the many posts on the subject and make up your own mind :)

Back