New Driver cheap insurance tips wanted

Currently reading:
New Driver cheap insurance tips wanted

Always always go fully comp if you dont and you have a crash you are screwed but as people have said go on compare the market, and admiral are always cheap for new drivers. Plus put named drivers down cause as long as they've had no claims or convictions it should bring the premium down!

Sound advice there (y)

Always always go fully comp if you dont and you have a crash you are screwed but as people have said go on compare the market, and admiral are always cheap for new drivers. Plus put named drivers down cause as long as they've had no claims or convictions it should bring the premium down!

Admiral will not always be cheap for new drivers, it depends upon if you meet their criteria - and are happy with them potentially using second hand parts to repair your motor.

Fully comp is always a better way to go, but you don't mention that covers still need to be compared, one companies fully comp will be completely different to another's fully comp cover, and some such as Tesco and their fully comp policy offer so little it's not much better than their 3rd party cover!!

Admiral will not always be cheap for new drivers, it depends upon if you meet their criteria - and are happy with them potentially using second hand parts to repair your motor.

Fully comp is always a better way to go, but you don't mention that covers still need to be compared, one companies fully comp will be completely different to another's fully comp cover, and some such as Tesco and their fully comp policy offer so little it's not much better than their 3rd party cover!!

Also, while on the subject of Admiral, I'm with Elephant, and when I had to make a claim, it was horrible. The sales side at great (maybe because I have a thing for female Welsh accents?), but claims is terrible. Unless they are ALOT cheaper, I would rather pay a little more and go somewhere else.

Also, while on the subject of Admiral, I'm with Elephant, and when I had to make a claim, it was horrible. The sales side at great (maybe because I have a thing for female Welsh accents?), but claims is terrible. Unless they are ALOT cheaper, I would rather pay a little more and go somewhere else.

I've recently (2 weeks ago) had a ball ache with a windscreen claim with Adrimal, needless to say I haven't renewed with them after 2 terms of insurance.

Have been great until needing to make a claim, but staff didn't know their core product very well, and company wernt the best at honouring what they're staff say - although I have to admit that I was very impressed with their complaints dept and happy with the overal outcome :)

I've recently (2 weeks ago) had a ball ache with a windscreen claim with Adrimal, needless to say I haven't renewed with them after 2 terms of insurance.

Have been great until needing to make a claim, but staff didn't know their core product very well, and company wernt the best at honouring what they're staff say - although I have to admit that I was very impressed with their complaints dept and happy with the overal outcome :)

Guess the real test will come in September when my renewal is due. Need to find out how to claim for the extra I'm going to be paying as some knob drove into me.

What happened, you not able to recover costs, or it the premium rise your on about even though it's none fault :confused:

Cost of increase premiums for the next 5 years. Got a pretty good payout (£1,500 + car). Not bad for a car 11 years old, not very well looked after, helped that I found out it was clocked too...not many Focus's with 110k on the clock :LOL:.

Cost of increase premiums for the next 5 years. Got a pretty good payout (£1,500 + car). Not bad for a car 11 years old, not very well looked after, helped that I found out it was clocked too...not many Focus's with 110k on the clock :LOL:.

How was it clocked :confused:

I know a few that have done around the 200k mark, both DERV mind :p

Back