Styling New dash lights

Currently reading:
Styling New dash lights

Carrickter- Best safe then sorry sometimes, i read about loads of people advising against it but went ahead with it anyway and it wasnt too bad :) patience is the key!

Davide- You should be able to bridge the track with some solder, or if the solder wont stick to the track because its not bare metal, take a wire from one solder point and find the NEXT solder point along and solder the other end to it

failing that, im pretty sure iv got a spare one

good luck :)

i managed to solder the wire to the circuit lines and its all working perfectly well. the next step is to do the dashboard. thx again for your help, i wouldnt have been able to do this is without u mate. thx again.

i managed to change the dash lights to all blue. i chnaged the needles to blue aswell but they came out a raded red colour and then decieded to change them bk. the only problem i faced was when re installing the dash light and realised getting them in the exact postion was difficult. currently the speedo needle sittings on the 2MPH mark instead of 0. this i should be able to correct.

I got the LED's from here: www.crazyLEDs.co.uk

They do a kit for £10 but if you know what you are doind you can just buy the LED's seperatly for about 40p each (plus £1.50 P+P in both cases)The correct LED's for these are the PLCC-2 SMD LED's

If i remember correctly, for the model without the rev counter, there are 3 LED's for the speedo, 1 LED for the Fuel guage and 4 for the LCD display and 5 or 6 for the centre controls (depending if you have the button on the right or if it is a blank)

I left the needles orange but you can change them to red if you wish (dont know what effect that will have)

The main things you have to be careful of are:

1) the clips on the instrument cluster dont snap when dis-assembling

2) you dont force the PCB (there are metal clips in the middle, you need to push the middle of them with a small screwdriver so they are in line with the slot on the PCB, this will be obvious when you are removing the PCB)

3) you dont over-heat the new LED's

4) you take note of which side the flat corner is on and ensure the new LED is the same way

CrazyLEDs.co.uk also do a fitting service by post (£40)

Hope this helps, anything else, just ask :slayer:

could u post a link to that fitting service please?

Back