Styling New dash lights

Currently reading:
Styling New dash lights

no, no fuses... just check the obvious

1) plugged in propperly

2) lights turned on

failing that, do your warning lights illuminate (handbrake, PAS, engine management etc)

if so, you may have one or more of the LED's the wrong way round

if not, try your old cluster (if you have it?) to narrow the problem down to either the cluster or the car

you could also try connecting the PCB whilst not in its case and use a multimeter to check the voltage across the 2 soldered points for the LED's

the leds for the rev counter, fuel, temp and speedo dont wont except the ones for the needles work, all others work, so basically the gauge lights dont work so i dunno whts wrong ive tired sorting it out i know th leds are in the right way becoz the 3 leds for the rev counter worked at first but not they dont :( i dont have a multimeter. maybe if its possible ive burnt out the circuit?

how long did they work for before they stopped?

so the guage lights dont work, but the needles and warnings do?

if you look at them with the cover off but plugged in, do they show any signs of light (a tiny bit of blue for example) if you look closely

how long did they work for before they stopped?

so the guage lights dont work, but the needles and warnings do?

if you look at them with the cover off but plugged in, do they show any signs of light (a tiny bit of blue for example) if you look closely

Well the rev counter three worked but the speedo, temp and fuel ones didnt then i tried soldering them better then they all didnt work, but when i first plugged it in when the rev counter was working a little bit of light came from the temp gauge one. Basically the needles and warnings also the lcd display work. My Gfs bro took it to his work now someones looking at it that specializis in circuit stuff he should find out whts wrong as he works for AWE if youve ever heard of it? so i should get it back next wednesday, fingers crossed its sorted.

it could be that because each LED uses slightly more current then the orrange ones and there are more of them, it is too much for it to handle although i wouldnt have thaught this would be a problem

did you try it with your engine running? on mine if i just have my electrics on and press the brake pedal, the LCD screen dims as the current drops, i dont think that happened with the orange

hope you get it sorted!

you need a soldering iron and steady hand to remove the old ones, you need to ment the solder at each end and prise them off with a screwdriver or pull them up with tweesers or pliers

You also need to make a note of which corner the groove is on as they will only work one way round

do you have a rev counter or is yours the one without?

yes, put the LED's in the same place THE SAME WAY ROUND... you may want to use extra solder (it does make it easier)

and another point- dont spend more than a few seconds at a time soldering each terminal as this could overheat and damage the LED

Good luck,
Mike

well fella, i can solder, but the most i have ever done is simple electrics in a guitar haha, i would love to do this but wouldnt want to screw it up haha. so its a no go for me to be on the safe side haha.

but congrats!!!:D:D:D it looks epic!, good job!

i managed to solder the leds on the small center console section (the buttons for windows and city button). the only problem is tht one of them isnt wrking. whn i tried to remove the old led a very small part of the circuit board came off as well. do you think il need a new circuit board use for tht one damaged light? or could i use more soldering wire to bridge a connection sum how.

Back