General New car

Currently reading:
General New car

Wow this is still going? The guy gave his car a quick test of power. He's an idiot. Shouldn't of done it. The point has been made. Let it be. We have all done it to some extent. First thing I did when I got my car was see how quick I can get it from 0-70 on a great little NSL road near me. Did I go past 70? Yes I did. I was curious to the cars power. No it was no where near 130. But I'm sure the guy now knows that he shouldn't of done it. He's gotten away with it this time and may god give him really itchy genital warts shall he do it again (y)

Wow this is still going? The guy gave his car a quick test of power. He's an idiot. Shouldn't of done it. The point has been made. Let it be. We have all done it to some extent. First thing I did when I got my car was see how quick I can get it from 0-70 on a great little NSL road near me. Did I go past 70? Yes I did. I was curious to the cars power. No it was no where near 130. But I'm sure the guy now knows that he shouldn't of done it. He's gotten away with it this time and may god give him really itchy genital warts shall he do it again (y)

Don't call people idiots, they might leave the forum :eek:

Hopefully he has his way with you too.

Sums it up exactly, wishing me harm are you? Lovely, thanks. I was wishing just the opposite for the OP, yourself and everybody else, but never mind.

Thanks for the spelling lesson. To save you the bother, you didn't correct my predictive typing earlier, invisible not invincible as I meant to say.

I'm going now as I really cannot be bothered with you and others who have the wrong attitude to their road safety. Drive safely (and I actually mean it).

Getting back to the thread's topic.
Do some basic calculations:
-how many years do you intend to keep the car (3-4 years)
-how much would that cost you in servicing at the respective garage.
-how much is an expensive part like gearbox/head-gasket to replace.
-does the warranty cover the parts as well as diagnosing and labor? or does it only cover the cost of the part?

I would think that if you end up paying 10-15% more on the insurance vs the cost of a major fault (parts + diagnosing +labor) ..it would be worth it just for the peace of mind.
Of course read the fine print and make sure you understand it.

I have never seen so much off topic in one thread.
A moderator should close this thread or at least rename it

Finally some one answers to my original question on dpf and warranty. The warranty covers nearly everything apart from wear and tear aslong as service intervals are followed and the service is £189 from fiat and the warranty covers labour and parts up to purchase price of car and includes breakdown and hire car cover for £300 and planing to keep car a minimum of 5 years

Back