Technical New boy needs help please

Currently reading:
Technical New boy needs help please

Foxhangers

I have just bought a 2014 Panda Twinair turbo 4x4. I love it, even the chuntering engine which seems very eager to rev.

I’m looking forward to going down the muddy farm tracks.👍

I was taking a look under the bonnet and noticed that there is a bushing missing - well, I think there is …

The air intake (trumpet) extends from the filter box toward the cars front left corner and at the end is a vertical moulded part that goes into a hole in a bracket. Its very sloppy and I think there’s a rubber bushing missing.

I can’t find the part number anywhere, or even a picture 🤷‍♂️

Would any aficionados on this forum be able to help me please - thank you

ATVB

Jeremy

Item no.11?
0865720550C309D0A413DC6700D42FF5.png

Hi Lunchbeers, yes item eleven - brilliant - I only really need the rubber bushing. Now all I need is a part number and/or a supplier 👍

Thanks

Jeremy

Looks like it comes as a whole part, and seems to be specific to the 4x4 - part number should be 51888292.

You might be lucky and it's dropped out and sat on the skid plate?

No suppliers I can see online, and being specific to the 4x4 means unlikely to be many scrappers about. Give your local fiat parts dept a call, but unlikely to be a stocked item.

Do get them to check that number though against your chassis number/reg

By the way, I hadn't spotted that @lunchbeers had already added the part number when I added my bob's wirth - the joys of skim-reading while isolating with Covid...

Something else those parts websites helped 'confirm' was the Fait advertising talk of a 'raised air inlet' on the 4x4s. For the TwinAir in 2WD guise, the intake snorkel is shown as being longer and (I speculate) curling down lower, perhaps beneath the headlight (see below, the extra part numbered 13, and the bracket numbered 4 that seems to hold the first part of the tube in a lower position too) . But in the 4WD it is shown as being shorter and sits higher up. Curioiusly, so far as I can tell, the MJ intake is the same regardless of two or four wheel drive?

1647812634439.png

Something else those parts websites helped 'confirm' was the Fiat advertising talk of a 'raised air inlet' on the 4x4s. For the TwinAir in 2WD guise, the intake snorkel is shown as being longer and (I speculate) curling down lower, perhaps beneath the headlight (see below, the extra part numbered 13, and the bracket numbered 4 that seems to hold the first part of the tube in a lower position too) . But in the 4WD it is shown as being shorter and sits higher up. Curiously, so far as I can tell, the MJ intake is the same regardless of two or four wheel drive?
Strange. The photo in post #3 is of the air intake and filter on my 2WD TA Lounge (Nov 2012), removed during servicing. I don't remember disconnecting any extension to the intake, but I will check in daylight. The bracket in my photo also looks the same as the 4X4 bracket (item 11 in post #2, and item 6 in post #6).

Strange. The photo in post #3 is of the air intake and filter on my 2WD TA Lounge (Nov 2012), removed during servicing. I don't remember disconnecting any extension to the intake, but I will check in daylight. The bracket in my photo also looks the same as the 4X4 bracket (item 11 in post #2, and item 6 in post #6).
I did put 'confirms' in quotes, as I did wonder if in fact they were all the same really... its hard to tell precisely which version you're looking at in the site as it doesn't fully tally with UK models. I wonder if the other intake was on the less powerful TwinAir sold elsewhere in Europe?

I did put 'confirms' in quotes, as I did wonder if in fact they were all the same really... its hard to tell precisely which version you're looking at in the site as it doesn't fully tally with UK models. I wonder if the other intake was on the less powerful TwinAir sold elsewhere in Europe?
As you, it may vary between trim levels for different markets.
My (UK) TA Lounge from Nov 2012 appears to be the same as the TA 4X4.
This may mean there are some available in breakers ?

78311EF7-74F8-441B-AAE9-AA6D5112009D.jpeg

It seems the plot thickens, mine definitely has the shorter intake with the opening up high and toward the rear of the light cluster.

It also looks to me like the brackets on the different versions are different but that the rubber grommet looks the same. 👍

Curiously, when I put the car details on it states it’s not suitable for my Panda 🤷‍♂️

But at that price I thought I’d take the risk👍

Back