General New 2005 doblo owner. Few questions please

Currently reading:
General New 2005 doblo owner. Few questions please

axegrinderturbo

Hi,

I've just purchased a 2005 doblo 1.9 with 120k, it drives great and I'm made up with the purchase. Few little jobs to be done but looking forward to getting it spot on, really tidy van with no rust/dents etc.

The wash wipes does not work (no sound also). Is the fuse number 43 for the wash wipe? Also what value fuse should it be? I've checked and is ok so guessing the pump

Is there a key slot to turn then airbag off as the airbag warning light is on?

Jobs done so far:

Replaced wiper blades
Ordered new wheel trims
Replaced coolant cap
Picking up steel bulk head - only £50!

To do:

Replace speaker grilles/speakers as someone has stuck on after market and they look awful
Order mats
Fix wash wipe
Mini service
Get stereo fascia as the aftermarket one is moving around a bit
Fix no plate lights at rear (connector at the end of loom is missing)

Going to go a scrap yard so and try and get the bits!

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

It's red, the symbol is a person sat down with a belt across and airbag, bottomish right corner of dash

Tip: when fitting the bulkhead - don't be tempted to try and go in through the side door - come in through the back. T

Take the bulkhead glass out - easy enough with your fingers and a bit of wire or string, or if you cant be bothered, cut the rubber with a stanley knife.

It will get like an oven on a hot day unless the airflow can move through the cab. Same goes if you're a smoker - you'll fumigate yourself :)

If you are worried about security, weld or bolt some mesh or pipe across the opening, but to be honest nobody is going to climb through the hole.

The fixing bolts for it are 6mm by the way, and you'll need washers.

Ah forgot - there is another reason to get the glass out - at night you will be able to see sweet FA out the back and reversing becomes a lottery, because the glass reflects against the rear view mirror and makes everything invisible.

Ha,

Thanks for the info.

Going to a scrap yard today to try and get a bulkhead. I've read on the forum that a good pair of mole grips should be enough to take th bulkhead out, will see how we get on.

New washer pump arrived this morning to be fitted.

New wheel trims fitted
Original speakers and grilles re instated
Fuse cover fitted
Mats on way

Getting there!

Ha,

Thanks for the info.

Going to a scrap yard today to try and get a bulkhead. I've read on the forum that a good pair of mole grips should be enough to take th bulkhead out, will see how we get on.

New washer pump arrived this morning to be fitted.

New wheel trims fitted
Original speakers and grilles re instated
Fuse cover fitted
Mats on way

Getting there!

yeah they are those rounded head nuts that look like big pop-rivets. Moleys will do at a snip, or grind them off (which probably isn't an option at the scrappy)

Shame you aren't in Germany of course - I have my old bulkhead sitting here doing nothing :D

Ha, shame it's just sat there.

I went to a few scrap yards but no joy. Going to pick one up this week as the place is not open on a weekend.

Fitted the new washer pump, surprised how easy it was just moving the wheel liner back a bit, took ten mins. Also sorted the rear wiring loom as someone had just cut it so no number plate lights, all sorted now though.

Just need to sort a rattle at idle from the exhaust and the alternator belt needs changing.

For a cheap van I'm really pleased and it good condition. The few upgrades, wheel trims etc, make a big difference

Ha, shame it's just sat there.

I went to a few scrap yards but no joy. Going to pick one up this week as the place is not open on a weekend.

Fitted the new washer pump, surprised how easy it was just moving the wheel liner back a bit, took ten mins. Also sorted the rear wiring loom as someone had just cut it so no number plate lights, all sorted now though.

Just need to sort a rattle at idle from the exhaust and the alternator belt needs changing.

For a cheap van I'm really pleased and it good condition. The few upgrades, wheel trims etc, make a big difference

Cracking wagons mate, really under-rated ;) Almost any Alfa or Fiat alloys (4x98mm) will fit them which is better than trims, and can be got dirt cheap - but post if you go that route, because some of the offsets can screw the pooch.

Last edited:
Thanks mate.

I picked up the bulk head, in good condition with grey sound proofing on. No tears or anything, just need to remove the ladder style one that's in there.

What type of bolts/nuts will I need to fit the bulkhead in??

Thanks

Thanks mate.

I picked up the bulk head, in good condition with grey sound proofing on. No tears or anything, just need to remove the ladder style one that's in there.

What type of bolts/nuts will I need to fit the bulkhead in??

Thanks

6mm x 15mm bolts with washers will do it - bit shorter or longer will be fine.

Have fun ;)

Back