need help finding sponsors?

Currently reading:
need help finding sponsors?

in june i am entering the modball rally 2007 (info in my sig) and we are hoping to raise money for charity but also to cover as much of the actual trip as we can!

any personal sponsors we receive 50% will go to charity cancer research uk and 50% to us for diesel etc. any sponsors after 10th june will go completley to charity.

we are aiming to also get company sponsors to try and help fund the event and for parts for the car and service providers!

so, any ideas for for who we should ask????

parts sponsors

cash sponsors

service sponsors
www.inetfx.net (confirmed)
www.fiatforum.com (confirmed)

believe me its HARD work.

I basically spent 2months infront of a computer and printer, and systematically emailed, lettered, then phoned, pretty much EVERY company in the land (cumbria) that have more than £2 spare in their back pockets.
and we got jack.

basically we were rooting for the underdogs, 1) a gambian aid charity for buying back land from huge rich landlords and giving it back to underprivaliged families strip by strip so they can be self sufficiant, and 2) money specifically for a gambian school (the upper gunjur high school or some such), which is essentially some breezeblock walls and a bit of wrinkly tin.

no one was interested. that and the fact we were doing a vastly similar thing to th mongol rally, but in twice the time,(and then some) and going and extra 3-4k miles on the end :worship:
and at the same time.
and since the mongol rally had TV coverage, national newspaper coverage, they got pretty much everything, even money from sponsers and companies from well outside their area who had never met them etc.

it was very hard, but the actual organiser did manage to scrape £300 in total, most of which came AFTER the actual rally (which lasted 7/8weeks), and I can safely say all that money was from local family tied business's that did it whilst we were away (the organisers, sam, dad probably shoved a big barge pole their way).

overall a bit offputting.

SO DO NOT RELY ON SPONSERS FOR JACK!!!!

the best thing I got was 35% off some essential items at outdoor world in keswick, got a kick ass medi kit and some other safety essentials, which then all got stolen exactly 1day before it was actually needed in earnest :(

spoke to another parts sponsor today that sounded interested, will reveal more when i get an answer from them!

yeah we know it is slim to get cash sponsors but its still worth a try! sounds like you worked a lot harder than me for your event :( i really need to get my finger out lol!

phoning and literally turning up on the door step at 9am gets attention, but no one gave us cash for either charity, just got some slim pickings from here and there.
the only thing I managed to get out of halfrauds was two packs of latex gloves that were already discounted.
I was already going out with the managers daughter, what the hell else did they want me to do, oh BTW manager and said daughter (fair hot, and she was barely legal at the time) live next door to me at home!.

so yeah, halfords, don't even bother.

Back