General Need Help Asap !!

Currently reading:
General Need Help Asap !!

david punto

I JUST BOUGHT MY NEW THERMOSTAT 4 MY PUNTO 55 N REG AND THERE IS STILL NO ANY HOT HAIR COMIN THRO THE HEATERS N A GOT TOLD ITS THE SAME ENGINE SET UP AS THE GT! :confused: :confused:

A 55 engine is totally different to a GT engine, if no hot air is coming through the heater's, I'd take that as a sign the heater matrix is dying. Oh and look, No Capslocks ;)

sos boot the caps n i'll bleed it first n any idea how much 4 a heater matrix ?

Dead matrix usually shows up as fogged screen and wet feet! Me doubt its the matrix. Bleed and top up then check - might also be pump. Check you have a decent flow out of the bleed nipple when the system is warm - mind for scalds. Does the system show signs of having been filled with water for a long period (lots of rusty crap in the coolant)? Maybe think about flushing with a decent radflush too.

My 1997 punto 75 elx 121,000 miles experienced significant water loss. Symptoms included rising temps, failure of fan to kick in, failure of heater.. No evidence of cylinder head gasket failure ( difficult starting, excessive water pouring through exhaust, creamy mixture on oil filler cap, water droplets on dip stick etc.) Main dealer convinced it was a cylinder head gasket. I did not agree. Bought and fitted new thermostat for fan, topped up radiator and continued to drive. As the weather grew colder water loss diminished. I was able to deduce that water loss was through failure of seals in water pump that failed when air and water temperatures were very high. I ran the engine to high tempertaure and sure enough, water began to leak from the water pump. Replaced water pump and fitted new belt for £ 60. No more water loss.

Back