need a new printer

Currently reading:
need a new printer

my printer is fubared and I need a new one.

I want a all in one printer but I don't use it for long periods of time sometimes, so I want one that's good with the print heads not blocking up or one that you can remove the heads to clean them, any suggestions to what make to get anyone?

I've had a few epson printers and they're shocking for ink drying up and so is brother.

I was maybe thinking lexmark, canon or kodak?

I've had two Epson's too - good quality prints, but they were both awful for clogging up and very expensive to refill. Kodak printers are promoted as the cheapest to refill (true from what i've seen) and they look pretty cheap to buy too with a scanner on top - that's what i'm going to be buying soon. :)

I'm with Daz on this one, Canon every time (y)

They aren't the cheapest ink wise, but you get what you pay for. I have 3 canon printers, I leave them for long periods unused and not had problems with drying (but I always use genuine)
I've spent a lot of time researching print quality and I don't think you can buy better for home use. :)

My last two Canons broke :(

I currently use an HP c309a 4 in 1 with a continuous ink system - but then again, I do a lot of printing so no idea what that would be like if left alone for a long period of time.

I went and bought a kodak esp c110, it's an all in one printer £70.

genuine black ink is £7 and colour is £13 so pretty cheap! and it has removable printing heads so if it does block up I can clean it, winner (y)

done a couple of prints on photo paper and seems pretty good quality as well.

I was going to buy a canon as they were similar but the price of the inks made me buy kodak :D

You don't want to look at cost of CISS then - £4.75 or so for 100ml of each colour - now considering most cartridges are around 8 to 10ml, that works out well cheap :)

How often do we actually need to scan or copy anything? I use a Canon scanner I bought off eBay for £10 including postage.

I use an HP Laserjet 1018** for everyday stuff. £50 for the printer with a 2000 page cartridge and refills are £10 each.
** This days this is the one http://www.ebuyer.com/product/176590

For colour I use Canon because the cartridges have their own print heads. If they clog or dry up a new one fixes it. Also reasonably priced compared to many other makes. Epson often print a bit nicer but the permanent print heads clog and its fubar.

If you dont do much colour printing its probably cheaper to use a print shop.

How often do we actually need to scan or copy anything?
All depends, personally I use my scanner daily - either for colour or greyscale copying, OCR or for copying docs to .pdf format.

I also need to send faxes occassionally.

Using another scanner takes up office space. Plus I run an HP Colour Laserjet as well.

It all depends on your needs. Plus a reason why I went down the CISS route.

All depends, personally I use my scanner daily - either for colour or greyscale copying, OCR or for copying docs to .pdf format.

I also need to send faxes occassionally.

Using another scanner takes up office space. Plus I run an HP Colour Laserjet as well.

It all depends on your needs. Plus a reason why I went down the CISS route.

Makes sense & with that sort of usage a mono laser all-in-one might be worth a look.

Back