Technical MY04 and standard faults...

Currently reading:
Technical MY04 and standard faults...

Tonza

Hello,

I was wandering, does anybody knows are the "standar faults" mentioned at this forum settled in the new version, or they just replaced the rear lights design, removed grooves from the rear bumper and removed fog lights from the plate area (that's 5dr version), or they actually fixed any of standard faults.

Finally, the dealer informed me that my Stilo will arrive next Friday.
Now, it's parked somewhere waiting to be imported to Croatia.

I buyed the 5dr multijet, so I'll be posting some reports in when I finally get my hands on it.

None of the mentioned faults have happened on my 04 yet, except minor wind noise on the drivers door.

Although I am keeping my fingers crossed still!

March '04, 5 dr 1.4 Stilo Active & Sept '00, 5 dr 1.2 HLX Punto.

Same here on my O4... none of the faults my 52 had as yet!

the suspension seems to be 100% better, yes I also have heard more wind noise from the drivers side, think its coming from either the door mirror or the plastic bit on the back part of door.

other than that I'm glad I decided to go for a second Stilo :)

But does anyone know if there was any actual mechanical changes to the MY04 car! Other than the introduction of 1 new engine to the line up.

I've noted that most of the 04 owners seem to think they are the cats that got the cream 'cos they don't have any faults. But most of the faults reported on here are when the car has reached 6 months old or more! B)

53 plate, Stilo 3-door, Sassy grey, Alloys to follow, 1.2 Active, 5-Disc CD-Changer -- 45mpg!

I took delivery of my stilo in 2004 but i think it is a 2003 model (it doesn't have the new badge at the back) and I'm glade to report I've had no problems with it at all!

I complained about the brakes a while ago but it is possible that i had unrealistic expectations of them as the only other cars i've driven in a while have been my dads porsches.

Stiloboy 3 months in and alls fine so another 3 to go!

Except the minor wind noise.

3 months in too, and (touching great big peice of wood) no problems yet! I guess mileage is a better indicator than time, I've done nearly 6000 - so I guess that's not bad. Anyway, don't want to tempt fate.

MY04 Active Sport
Black

My wind noise fault is debatable as my Mrs can't hear it and nor did my Dad when he had a quick drive, so I reckon I expect too much!

Don't give up on the wind noise - it is fixable. I do mostly motorway driving and found the wind noise quite annoying (it was only noticable above about 50mph).
It appears there are some holes under the door trim that need blocking up. My dealer knew about the problem and fixed it under warrantee - now it is absolutely quiet.

If you pull the seat forward you'll find you can't hear the wind noise. So if your wife and Dad are shorter than you they won't hear the wind noise.

Welll i've covered 7,500 miles and i've had a few problems, although not one stopped the car from completing its journey!

53 plate, Stilo 3-door, Sassy grey, Alloys to follow, 1.2 Active, 5-Disc CD-Changer -- 45mpg!

Back