General My Uno project.

Currently reading:
General My Uno project.

Got my water pump on saturday morning and fiitted it so everything is sweet again (y)

need help with the windows though has anyone done/can do a guide to fitting the electric windows on a mk2?

i have everything needed to fit them i am just not that good with electrics so a rough clear guide would be sound.

Dale

Got my water pump on saturday morning and fiitted it so everything is sweet again (y)

need help with the windows though has anyone done/can do a guide to fitting the electric windows on a mk2?

i have everything needed to fit them i am just not that good with electrics so a rough clear guide would be sound.

Dale

I've done this to my mk1 45S (and also a previous base model 45), and the mk2 will be virtually the same as I used a mk2 Turbo electric window harness in my mk1. If you look at the thread below you can see my dashboard removal and the wiring that needed to be swapped around to install electric windows. It is NOT a full guide but should give you an idea of what's involved.

https://www.fiatforum.com/uno/35761-mk1-dashboard-removal.html

However, what exactly are you doing? Are you fitting a mk2 electric window loom your car's existing loom? Do you have the entire UT loom at your disposal? Bear in mind that if you are going to upgrade to full turbo engine spec in the future then you're better off transplanting the entire UT wiring loom into your car rather than adding just the electric window section.

You MUST also get hold of a Haynes manual with the electric window wiring diagram for reference purposes. Take time to study this and identify the wires involved, along with their colours and also the relays/ switches needed. I found that by writing the actual wiring colours next to the wires on the diagram rather than using the code system made identifying them easier.

The electric wiring diagram is actually quite simple, your main problem is in identifying and then removing the wires that you need. It IS possible to remove and re-use the original UT connectors if you're careful and then integrating them your current loom's connectors. You'll need very small watchmakers screwdrivers to release the retaining tangs on the connectors, then identify where they should go on yours. Compare the UT connectors with yours and you'll see exactly where to put them. The wiring to the connectors is the same between both models with the lesser model having vacant spaces where the extra wiring for the UT would go.

I would say give yourself an afternoon or more to do the job properly. You'll need to remove your dashboard to get full access, and then just be meticulous when transplanting the wiring over. Take your time and it should all go together without problems.

Hope this helps!

thanks a lot, i shall use the haynes manual to identify all wires and connecters then when i have a lot of spare time i shall have a go (y)

got the side skirts on (y) looks the dogs nuts now.

much better.

Attachments

• DSC00652.JPG
    DSC00652.JPG
    272.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00653.JPG
    DSC00653.JPG
    302.4 KB · Views: 43
hey looking good, what have you used to bond on the skirts? im in two minds as to wether or not i want to drill my brand new sills to fit my old skirts, so bonding would suit me better?

Thanks,
Paul

hi mate,
i drilled mine popped them in then i still used the seal to prop it nicely against the sill (y)

the stuff you want is tiger seal.

Dale

right an update on what i have been doing with very little spare time.

got some pics up to.

i had to fit a new exhaust rubber mount as the old one had snapped in one place and was about to snap in another.

collected a rear turbo bumper from vern and sprayed it satin black and fitted it.

also fitted the turbo rear lights also off vern(y)

i fitted a spoiler which i got from wayne and iv decided to leave it black at the moment as for one it looks ok black on red and i dont have the paint :D

i got the turbo steering wheel too all fitted

and for a little decoration i had the windows tinted professionally.

thats all so far and have a browse at some recent pics of what i have done and mine and my mates car on holiday.

Attachments

• the cars.jpg
    the cars.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00684.JPG
    DSC00684.JPG
    264.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00683.JPG
    DSC00683.JPG
    318.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00675.JPG
    DSC00675.JPG
    254 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00682.JPG
    DSC00682.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 33
looking good (y)

i whacked some elec windows in mine althoug was a pain! :bang:
and i just put the elec window wiring in car not my whole turbo loom! only took a while for my dad to to do it :p:p

Back