General My Tipo is coming home to Roost

Currently reading:
General My Tipo is coming home to Roost

Hi all you fellow Teapot Owners New and Old,

Nearly 3 years ago i sold my Tipo George, After all the work i had done i was gutted to say the least, blood sweat and beanz on toast to get the ol boy up to how i wanted him, Then he went, :cry: :cry: Any way i vowed i would get him back and now that day has come, We will be re-united again on Tuesday, oh how ive missed him after owning other cars from pugs to Mercs, so watch this space for some future coverage of The Green Meenie.... (y) (y) I wont let him go again now thats for sure...

StanfordHall004.jpg

That is good news Dazzo!!

In answer to the questions asked - yes it once was a standard 1.4 DGT which I owned almost 20 years ago. My kids were small then and my daughter named him "George". Simple reason really - before George we had a Uno called " Zippee"..............you can see where this is going can't you!! Anyway after "George" the kids were to old to worry about car names so it stopped there.

It disapeared for a while - then Dazzo bought it..then came the big engine, body kit and re-trim as I am sure he tell everyone in due course.

MIKE

bet that plate is worth a fortune, what engine is in your tipo mate? cant say im struck on the colour but it looks well(y)

The colour is the pastel shade a very few tipos came in, this is the verde izamir variant there was also a pastel blue which are all probably gone now, If i had a pound for every time i was asked what color was the car originally....

As for the plate yes its a show plate i made for Stanford show in 07 or was it 06, the proper g30 rge is 40k.... EEEEEK....

Well today is the day we are reunited and to see wether if he will handle Isle of Wight roads and pot holes, You will know what i mean if youve been here... London here i come......

Keep ya posted,

Last edited:
Omg Daz your still around , shows how long its been since i been here your still owned george , remember seeing him in the flesh , really really nice tipo ,

ive ignored the tipo over the last 3 years but shes coming back on the road asap . might be able to make my first meet !

good to see you getting george back im sure he has been looked after in his time away

Last edited:
Well its been a while since i was on here, spent the last month or so cleaning George up when i could find the spare time from my business, Well to say the least when i collected him i was shocked beyond beleaf, Poor george was dirty inside and out and i mean DIRTY.... Made me feel so sad, well once getting back in him and heading home to the Island all the good times came back to me, I had a grin on my face ear to ear, George was mine again..

well 100 miles down the road all was well till i heard a noise i recognised.. pulled over and my assuptions were correct, The front wheel was falling off,
another few miles and i would have saw the wheel bouncing down the road,
Oh what fun these cars are, well i got him back and basically parked him up for a month or so and just doing bits here and there, New rear discs ( 1.4 front discs fit the rear dont you know) and cost 1/2 the price, New rear pads, new water pump from a Croma,

Put him in for the mot today and he Failed on the dreaded tin worm nothing a few hours wont sot out, a flexi brake hose, headlight bulb and alignment, spongy brakes, all in all not bad for a 21 year old car...

will post some recent pics when i get round to it, im in the process of hunting down an inlet manifold for twin carbs, or converting to bike carbs as the injection system is rubbish,

I do indeed... just not with me at the moment either but I'm still the owner. I plan to kidnap it later on this week and take it to a garage to let them finish what my mate and I started as my mate doesn't have time.

I'm just going to tell him I'm getting it towed. So when he comes home from work one day he'll think it's been stolen from outside his house :p

Why is it the easyist of jobs take for ever.....an hours welding took me 4 1/2 hrs today,

Oh my god how i wished the holes would not keep getting bigger and bigger but they did, a 100mm hole ended up 400mm and so on and so forth, Lucky the car actually never fell to bits as the rot was from the o/s front chassis leg right up to the subframe mounting bolt and beyond, the actual subframe was not attached to anything.....also welded a huge plate on the o/s jacking point sill area as it had totally dissapeared also that hole decided to carry itself into the inner wing, oh joy, at least thats the main things out of the way now.... I SEE THE LIGHT :slayer: :slayer:

Aw yay :D I remember seeing this car when I first signed up and falling in love, glad to hear he's still about, and more importantly back with his rightful owners! :D
Welcome back George!

I do indeed... just not with me at the moment either but I'm still the owner. I plan to kidnap it later on this week and take it to a garage to let them finish what my mate and I started as my mate doesn't have time.

I'm just going to tell him I'm getting it towed. So when he comes home from work one day he'll think it's been stolen from outside his house :p

Thought you'd been quiet for a while!

Be good to see George at his best again.

Dazzo,

I read that you are going to the IOW Classic Car Show. When you are there look out for a contingent of Fiats from England - a 127 Palio, a couple of Stradas and possibly a 125. They are all from the Fiat Motor Club.

I have been told to tell you that you are welcome to park with them if you wish - ask for my pal Gavin - given that you are now the custodiam of "George"!!

MIKE

Dazzo,

I read that you are going to the IOW Classic Car Show. When you are there look out for a contingent of Fiats from England - a 127 Palio, a couple of Stradas and possibly a 125. They are all from the Fiat Motor Club.

I have been told to tell you that you are welcome to park with them if you wish - ask for my pal Gavin - given that you are now the custodiam of "George"!!

MIKE

Thats awesome Mike i will see if i can see him there, I'm going with the other halfs Dad with his Aston so see what happens, Should be a good show it was good last year with a nice selection of motors, Let down by only a very tiny handfull of fiats there,

Well Georgey boy is all legal once again with new MOT and Tax and ready to terrorise the streets of the Isle of Wight....:slayer:

Will be doing a photo shoot very soon..

Aw yay :D I remember seeing this car when I first signed up and falling in love, glad to hear he's still about, and more importantly back with his rightful owners! :D
Welcome back George!

Hi i remember you i sent you loads of parts when you hurt poor franco...

Yeah its good to have him back, finding it a bit hard without the ol power steering,

Back