P1000579.jpg

500 My TA Lounge in Volare Blue.

Introduction

Just picked up today:

You can just about make out a tiny little crease in the rear wheelarch of the last pic - I noticed this on collection of the car, and it was pointed out - this is going to be repaired, and the Italian flag wing badges will go on at the same time. The dealer were very apologetic and assured me the damage wasn't there on PDI, so it must have happened on the way to Central London where I picked it up - ho hum, these things happen!

Getting used to it - it's a big change from an Alfa 156 V6, but it's bloody nice :)
No, non interscope. As Daniel says, it doesn't matter anyway with a RHD car, as the under seat storage doesn't clash with the Subwoofer.

But, as stated, the under seat storage has been transferred to the leather I installed.

So you still get under seat storage with Interscope in rhd?

I do sometimes wish I'd gone for leather, mainly because I've got the Sport interior with the silvery fabric which is awful for suffering water marks when raindrops get on it. I keep thinking of different solutions, like buying a leather interior off EBay, re-trimming my existing seats with alcantara in the centres or just getting my seats professionally cleaned and stain proofed. One of these days I'll make a decision!

I know what you mean about sport interior, silver fabric. If you wipe it over with damp cloth the water marks do disappear tho.

I know what you mean about sport interior, silver fabric. If you wipe it over with damp cloth the water marks do disappear tho.

I've cleaned mine with a variety of proprietary upholstery cleaners over the years, which gets rid of the water marks... till the next time it rains! Why is it, wherever I park, the wind always blows the rain in to my car? Has anyone tried Scotchguard or something similar?

When I first got the car, I always thought the black painted metal back of the rear seat backrest was a bit 'cheap' - and not particularly robust - if you have the seats folded and carry anything, they scratch very easily.

As soon as I got the leather seats, I spotted that the backs were a little scratched, so sought some trim cloth to match the boot trim. Took me a little while, but I found this:

http://www.as-trim.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_27_67

Ordered a sample and it's almost *spot* on. So placed an order for a metre and some spray adhesive, and set to work today:

Removed the rear seat backs, and roughly cut the trim to suit:
IMG_05772.JPG

Next, I unpicked the leather from the groove around the edge of the seat frame, and removed the trim around the latch, and sprayed adhesive to the rear of the frame (after degreasing with IPA):
IMG_05782.JPG

Then I applied the trim after spraying glue to the rear of it:
IMG_05805.JPG

Once I'd cut the trim around the groove so that the leather once clipped back would push the trim tightly into the groove and hold it in nicely, I then clipped it all back in and fitted the latch trim:
IMG_05812.JPG

And the finished job (albeit in the dark):
IMG_05822.JPG

I'm really satisfied with the job, it gives a little bit of luxury to the boot and 'finishes' off the job. And the colour match is nigh on perfect.

That looks very 'factory'.
A really professional job you did there. Made me want to do mine : )

bgunn How do you like the leather seats now you've had them for a while? I've got the chance of a black set for £336 but I'm just wondering if you've found them too slippy or whether they're the best thing ever, I know I won't miss the water marks I keep getting on my fabric interior.

bgunn How do you like the leather seats now you've had them for a while? I've got the chance of a black set for £336 but I'm just wondering if you've found them too slippy or whether they're the best thing ever, I know I won't miss the water marks I keep getting on my fabric interior.

I love them. Find them more comfortable overall than the cloth ones, and no problems with being slippy. The only thing is that you get a slight bum mark (well documented) as the leather stretches slightly, but by keeping them clean and well fed, they are supple enough to relax back.

Would definitely recommend leather - I just wasn't prepared to spend the high asking price of them from brand new!

I must have followed the same thought process as you as I didn't want to spend £700 on the leather either, though I soon regretted my decision. I'm glad you are happy with them as I placed the order for them earlier today, they should be here on Thursday, I hope they're as nice as yours.

I've opted for an upgrade pack for my (as yet undelivered) 500s. Includes leather seats, projector beam headlights and 16" alloys. The leather looked and felt great in the demo car...

Back