12032009179.jpg

Stilo My Stilo Abarth 5 Door

Introduction

Bought my baby as standard back in February 2008... a 2002 5 door Navy Blue Stilo Abarth with cream leather... yummy! :D

but since then, it's had a bit of work done :D

First a wheel refurb...

Followed by another refurb due to the first being cocked up :mad: I fitted the Schumi GP Eibachs springs and Bilstein dampers then as well...

Then I had SchooweeNick's old Custom Chrome Racing exhaust fitted, removing the second cat... (y)

He also sorted me out with a few extra bits and bobs later as well... :slayer:

Namely...

Brembo GranTurismo's

18" OZ SuperTurismo's

Continental ContactSport 2's

Goodridge SS Brake Lines

GSR Induction and a BMC CDA (not shown)

Stebel Nautilus Horn

Al this has left me with this! Plus an obligatory Red-Dot remap as well... obviously :D :slayer:

Some pics showing how I installed the rear strutbrace. I wanted to still be able to use the side pockets and close the flaps, so I came up with this.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 154
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Ooh... that sounds interesting. Whereabouts did you get it from? Is there an online place?

Yes, from ebay..

silicone direct they are called http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/76mm-3-ID-Neoprene-Cold-Air-Feed-Ducting-Hose-1-Metre_W0QQitemZ220412780015QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3351a01def&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I cant remember what the thickness was for the life of me.

They post quick and do loads of other stuff like that too, highly recommended.

edit: Ill have a look in the cellar when I get home, I might have some left over if I havent thrown it.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thats all mine is, just got a bass port from a music shop from a bass cabinet. Worked out at 15 quid in total including the pipe (port was £3)

With the mods I made to the vent, the only way you would tell is you had both side by side, the intake goes round into that void in front of the wheelarch but then to the corner of the bumper. I dont know what the vents are like on the 5 door though.

Col - Thankfully my wife is extremely understanding... plus we don't have a garage, just an underground car park, so we didn't have anywhere to store them :(

That is very impressive. Where did you find this woman?

But how do you explain the rear strut brace vs. babystroller. You have got 5 doors, hence a ready-family-planned Abarth.

But how do you explain the rear strut brace vs. babystroller. You have got 5 doors, hence a ready-family-planned Abarth.
I was kinda thinking the same thing Morten (y)

A lot of the more practical features of a 3 door are lost with a rear strutbrace but with a 5 door the loses are huge :( (the large carrying load being a key advantage to owning the 5 door)

Do you still have the old set of alloys shown in 1st pics and if so are thay for sale?

I'm moving to New Zealand in January and as such, I'll have to part with my Stilo as there's no way I want to go through the hassle of importing it to Auckland! The upside is that I'll most likely be building a Fraser Clubman S to take the pain away :D

Greggers

Last edited by a moderator:
And I already PM'd Days ago :devil: G said timescale won't allow for pulling the car apart which is understandable given the circumstances.

Somebody is going to get a very nice car.

Back