General My Shiney Bits

Currently reading:
General My Shiney Bits

going to use this post to keep people updated on my new shiny bits for my car.
they have been shotblasted and covered in metal which is ment to last 25 years or something :confused:

but should look good when all on

shinybits.jpg
[/IMG]

brakes are being done again

then any more bits that i can find :yum:

Re: My Shiny Bits

they havent been plated or anodised, i wanted them to be zinc plated but the person doing them thought they would be doing me a favour giving them an extra layer of metal and coating them in heat resistant paint.

aint gona grumble seen as it was free :slayer:

was going to lacqure then to give them extra shine

just been to check and it aint any more shiny, got a bit of paper stuck to it for my efforts though

Last edited:

yeah, i made the same mistake. i painted up a mount off my 1242 and turned out to be a punto one. oops!

looking shiny there though. looks to be on the inside and on the gasket surfaces too though. might wanna clean that off before using them

yeah, but what we mean is that mount is useless. its for a punto, not a cinq. you dont use that bit in the conversion, you use the cinq ones!

well a bit of an update, after i could find the thread due to me spelling shiney wrong lol :eek:

sent a few bolts and nuts off and heres the result

bolts.JPG
[/IMG]

and another

bolts_1.JPG

and my brakes after they spent a month being re-done

brakes.JPG
[/IMG]

hmmm shiney

brakes_.JPG
[/IMG]

still got to send a few more bits to be done so will update soon (y)

got the last of the bolts and things back today

bits.JPG
[/IMG]

and a close up pic - its called a seal colour apparently :confused: looks good though got loads of different colours in it

bobs.JPG
[/IMG]

so what do you think? by the time it goes in nearly every bolt and nut possible will have been zinc plated and a lot of the engine painted and cleaned :yum:

still got a few more idea but all will be seen soon :devil:

oh any moderator that reads this can they please change my title to sat 'shiney' rather than shiny (y)

Back