Styling my ride

Currently reading:
Styling my ride

dayrox

Hi, What you think of my ride?

Its a 98 Brava 1.6i 85,000

Ive had the wheels for a while, they are 205/40/17s very hard ride... I think perhaps one of my shocks and joints have been damaged becos of them :(
getting some nicer ones soon though.

Which shocks would suit better? the KYB Excel G's or Gas-A-Just ? Im changing them soon, also the belt kit..
Where is the best place to get the correct wheel bolts ? I had some extended ones from e-Bay but had to trim them down a little, which ended up me getting a new hub :(

I think the bottom end also knocks a little, although the history of the car says it has been looked after, am I correct in thinking this is common for fiat, as I was told ?

Idle speed seems to be very high as soon as I start her up sometimes... like 2500 sometimes 3k. although normaly 1500...
restarting the car seems to sort it out. ideas ?

Are the Lights easy to change to Mareas ?

Anyone have any sudgestions ?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC01143.JPG
    DSC01143.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Ive had the wheels for a while, they are 205/40/17s very hard ride... I think perhaps one of my shocks and joints have been damaged becos of them :(
yes 40 profile is a very hard ride, combined with lowering springs it can cause damage over potholes, and buckling the wheel isnt difficult either.

Which shocks would suit better? the KYB Excel G's or Gas-A-Just ?
any gas shocks should be fine but i can say from personal experince that i find the excel-g shocks to be excellent.

Where is the best place to get the correct wheel bolts ? I had some extended ones from e-Bay but had to trim them down a little, which ended up me getting a new hub :(
motorfactor, or a scrapyard.

I think the bottom end also knocks a little, although the history of the car says it has been looked after, am I correct in thinking this is common for fiat, as I was told ?
common? far from it. i've never heard of the bottom end knocking on the 1.6. if that is the noise then a bearing replacement is on the cards, or you can leave it till the bearing fails and then replace the engine instead.

Idle speed seems to be very high as soon as I start her up sometimes... like 2500 sometimes 3k. although normaly 1500...
restarting the car seems to sort it out. ideas ?
clean out the throttle body and idel speed control valve and actuator.
Are the Lights easy to change to Mareas ?
very easy, the only difference is the sidelight connector, its a 5 minute job to modify the wiring.

Back