ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1458238742.015310.jpg

Punto (Mk1) My punto gt3

Introduction

Thought it was about time I put some photos on here , I have owned the car for 11 years now , it was my brothers previous to me who purchased it in 2000 . it had 17s on it but I had some original wheels refurbed , trying to get it back to standard .

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1458238688.572276.jpg ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1458238742.015310.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1458238769.129118.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1458238811.886291.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1458238931.527366.jpg
some goodies to put on returning it to standard ride height .
Bit more spare time spent tinkering ( or therapy [emoji23]), painted the edges of the discs and polished inside of the wheels [emoji41]looks mint through the wheels now .IMG_4658.JPGIMG_4659.JPG

Been tinkering again today [emoji849], fitted some new pedal rubbers and changed the boot liner as it had been cut for a cd changer at some point . IMG_4666.JPGIMG_4664.JPGIMG_4665.JPG

I’ve had an impulse buy[emoji849] and Purchased one of the reproduction rear gt badges from Italy as a spare .it’s not bad , it just needs a little bit of work on the rear of the GT part so that the self adhesive sits a bit lower so it fits closer to the body of the car but other than that it ok . I bought one from the dealers years ago for £29 wish I’d bought a box full the re pros were £80 [emoji50], prices of gt spares are going silly . IMG_4794.JPG

Had the GT in for the mot today, passed ok [emoji1303], I did a massive 146 miles since last mot [emoji23]can’t see me doing much more this year with most of the meets/ shows being cancelled . IMG_4814.JPG

Had to take a photo of the gt in the empty car park while doing a bit of shopping , if I had parked up pre COVID there would be someone parked next to me [emoji23]Adjustments.JPG

I’ve picked up some more fiat goodies for the GT ??I keep buying things if they are the right price, if I ever sell the punto the next owner will need a good spares package as things are getting harder and harder to find .

Attachments

• C0A8F854-65EA-4DBD-A99C-4EE54B322026.jpeg
    C0A8F854-65EA-4DBD-A99C-4EE54B322026.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 81
I’ve sorted a little issue with the wipers & heater fan not working , turning out to be a faulty yellow 30 amp relay behind the fuse box on the driver’s side footwell , not sure what had caused it maybe just components getting old . Hopefully get to a few meets when restrictions are lifted ???

I’ve managed to find out a bit more history of the previous owner of the GT [emoji1303], I called round to an address that was on an old logbook after a guy I spoke to at local car meet remembered the car and said he thought he still lived in the area. I went round yesterday to find that his parents still live there and his dad was amazed to see the car again, he rang his son and said that the GT was parked outside, he couldn’t believe it was still around after twenty odd years after owning it . I chatted to him about it and found he was the second owner purchasing it from Autoworld chesterfield when it was 7-8 months old in early 1999 for around £9000 , he owned it for a year or so then trading it in for a blue HGT , which he said he hated [emoji23], it was registered in June 1998 in high Wycombe ( Mckenzie Myers) maybe the dealership used it ? I have a record of sale in early 2000 for £8270 to the next owner from Sheffield , my brother then purchased it in November 2000 , I’m the 5 th owner. He also told me the front drivers wing was replaced after a bin lorry caught it while it was parked up [emoji54], I knew it had been replaced at some point because the nut heads were different, nice to find out though. It also had the cd changer in the boot when he bought it . I’ve sent some photos to him and he’s pleased it’s still looking good and I’m getting pleasure from using it , I’m hoping to drive over to show him the car soon [emoji1303][emoji1303]

I had a message today from the guy who I had spoken to yesterday and he arranged to come over to look at the GT this afternoon. He was blown away at the condition it was in still and said it was just how he had remembered it . We had a good chat and he cleared up a few questions, he confirmed it had been a demonstrator before his purchase and had covered around 8000 miles ( hope it wasn’t thrashed by the sales guys too much [emoji31]) , he had used it daily to travel to derby for work at the Toyota factory . Im glad to get a bit more info on it all ads to the history file . might see if the owner in Sheffield is still around [emoji848]

Back