General My Panda Dance by Ken.

Currently reading:
General My Panda Dance by Ken.

Fiat ken

Hi all I hope this is the way to chronicle the ups and downs of the future of my Panda Dance, I brought it on eBay just on a week ago and have started the big clean and the fitting of some new parts :- a new water pump, a new alternator, all new front wiper mechanism, I am only the 3rd owner and its history can be traced back to original dealer in Nottingham and and still has original dealer number plates, but the real main job is a good "T"cut and polish. Regards to all Ken. ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1461309159.043948.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1461309197.603137.jpg

Last edited:
Hi I have not actually driven it on the road yet but it sounds nice ! It is taxed, insured and MOTed till October so as soon as the new alternator arrives I can take it out for an extended test drive, may be to mablethorpe where we have a static van. ken.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1461428327.022531.jpgThe engine bay before cleaning, there was moss growing in the heater box !! what a mess !

Hi all ! Have now fitted a new water pump and the new alternator arrived today so that can now be fitted along with a new drive belt, have also installed a new air filter, the passenger door is off to allow for repair to its rusty bottom, the bonnet has been refitted and had a good "T" cut to start to bring back the shine, the cooling system has been refilled with fresh anti freeze to the specified strength. ken.

Fiat ken.

Hi the door has been removed and all rusty bits removed and then treated with hammerite kurrust, then the bad bits re built with glass fibre strips, the whole bottom of the door actually, any imperfections filled with P 38, sanded down to a good standard, sprayed with a white primer coat and then several coats of fiat 210 top coat. Iam going to refit the door before cutting back and polishing the whole door and the rest of the carImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1461944011.153895.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1461944038.685698.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1461944060.451418.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1461944087.413822.jpg

Fiat ken.

Hi all ! Any one out there removed front seats as I should like to replace the carpet but the seats seem fixed solid, I have removed the 3 bolts holding front end but cannot find a way of freeing back end, the book says just to slide forward but I think this for the early cars as there seems to be a stop on the track, any help would be appreciated, ken.

Fiat ken.

Put finger tip inside runner/rail close to the end/back. there is like a 6x10mm tab inside preventing the seat runner to pass that point. Use medium size hammer and point puncher to level it up. Don't go mad as you might want to pull it back after wards.

Hi thanks I will try that later and report back on results, ken.

Fiat ken.

Hi thanks for that information ! It worked a treat seats now out, carpet out tomorrow. ken.

Fiat ken.

Hi all ! Have now also fitted a new rear wiper arm and blade, also had to replace the engine fan thermostat switch, new pedal rubbers arrived today ! New, Fiat and Panda 900 badges for the rear tailgate have also arrived, new Panda Dance decals have been ordered and made for the rear panels, regards ken.

Fiat ken.

Hi all ! Not sure if this is the right place for an add ! During my renovation so far I have a complete rear bumper for sale and 2 door pockets with speakers in, regards Ken.

Fiat ken.
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1463822994.967701.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1463823016.487578.jpg

Back