panda1_zps113287f9.jpg

Panda My new ride.

I knew my front tyres needed replacing but didn't realise they were totally fubar... both have cord showing on the inside edge
eek.gif
.... it'll be getting some new ones tomorrow.

I knew my front tyres needed replacing but didn't realise they were totally fubar... both have cord showing on the inside edge
eek.gif
.... it'll be getting some new ones tomorrow.

I think inside edge wear is very common on the 100hp Pandas unfortunately :(

Probably worth getting the tracking checked - did mine the other day and the toe and camber were well out. Hopefully it'll make my tyres live a but longer.

Probably worth getting the tracking checked - did mine the other day and the toe and camber were well out. Hopefully it'll make my tyres live a but longer.

The fronts of mine were the same and I didn't realise until I took it in for a service.

AFAIK the camber is not adjustable, do you have camber bolts fitted or have you ovalled the clevis holes?

The fronts of mine were the same and I didn't realise until I took it in for a service.

AFAIK the camber is not adjustable, do you have camber bolts fitted or have you ovalled the clevis holes?

I'm afraid I'm not sure - I didn't do it myself, but the place I took it gave me a before and after printout showing how they had adjusted it.

I have got some camber bolts but not fitted them... I get the tracking done every time I do the front tyres and it always wears the inner edge, someone on here said its worse if you drive hard so maybe I should slow down.... or just live with it...
biggrin.gif

Just coming up to 70000 miles now (was on 47000 when I bought it) and apart from consumables it hasn't needed a thing, been totally reliable and unlike my wife's citroen DS3 is rattle free.
I've replaced the front wishbones and drop links recently so I think a gradual replacement of bushes and rubber parts is in order before the end of the year to keep everything nice a tight, I did find myself looking around a very nice 500 abarth 595 the other day but then I had a dream where I'd sold the panda by accident and couldn't buy it back... felt a bit panicky when I woke up so I think it may be a sign that the panda won't be leaving any time soon.

biggrin.gif

I did find myself looking around a very nice 500 abarth 595 the other day but then I had a dream where I'd sold the panda by accident and couldn't buy it back... felt a bit panicky when I woke up so I think it may be a sign that the panda won't be leaving any time soon.

biggrin.gif

I'd looked at the 105bhp 500s. Love the idea of that.

But then I remembered that lack of boot space and the daft barn doors.

Where's the new Panda 105 already?

Just coming up to 70000 miles now (was on 47000 when I bought it) and apart from consumables it hasn't needed a thing, been totally reliable and unlike my wife's citroen DS3 is rattle free.
I've replaced the front wishbones and drop links recently so I think a gradual replacement of bushes and rubber parts is in order before the end of the year to keep everything nice a tight, I did find myself looking around a very nice 500 abarth 595 the other day but then I had a dream where I'd sold the panda by accident and couldn't buy it back... felt a bit panicky when I woke up so I think it may be a sign that the panda won't be leaving any time soon.

:D

Lol at the nightmare, listen to the signs then :D

I've driven a 500 Abarth and although the extra torque was welcome, the lack of 6th gear and ability to rev put me off, also the Panda has better damping (OK it has Konis fitted), the 500 is tiny in comparison and costs twice as much, it is a no brainer to keep the Panda.

I can't think of anything else that will do what the panda does for the same running cost/grin factor, I think the 100hp is just one of those cars that comes along every so often that is 'right' straight out of the box.

Took mine out today and loved every minute of it, even the trip to the skip is like a super stage :D
The only "problem" is that it is so stable and understeery that you have to drive it like a hooligan (see turn in suddenly and sharply before the apex) to make it turn in all fours.
It's also so compact the fits anywhere.

Last edited:
Took mine out today and loved every minute of it, even the trip to the skip is like a super stage :D
The only "problem" is that it is so stable and understeery that you have to drive it like a hooligan (see turn in suddenly and sharply before the apex) to make it turn in all fours.
It's also so compact the fits anywhere.

That's odd because I find it to be the least understeering front drive car I've ever driven.

That's odd because I find it to be the least understeering front drive car I've ever driven.

It isn't bad by any means and indeed less understeery compared with other cars but I think it is exaggerated by the Uniroyals which although great on the wet (the car really sticks like glue) have soft sidewalls and squeak like pigs on the dry :D

What cars have you come from previously?

Last edited:
Back