General My new Panda Waze 4x4

Currently reading:
General My new Panda Waze 4x4

If i scratch my car that's a different matter. I'm certain that with wear and tear that will happen. However this car was brand new. I've paid a premium for that and won't accept scuffs on something that should untarnished. But i guess we are all different. I'd have bought a cheaper used car if i'd wanted scuffs and scrapes.

Linzilou see if you can see where that piece of trim bolts or screws into. As suspect they'll order a new one and fairly easily swapped. :)

I'm with Linzilou on this. The fact that she might drive it into a hedge and scratch it to blazes the day after collecting it, or that someone might scrape it in a car park, is completely beside the point!

Frankly, if either of you two guys had been asked to accept a new vehicle with scuff marks, I reckon you'd both be screaming blue murder at the dealer. Am I right or am I right?
Yes, you're right - Id be insisting that they replaced that trim piece :)

@Linzilou see if you can see where that piece of trim bolts or screws into. As suspect they'll order a new one and fairly easily swapped. :)
I can't quite work out which part that is from the angle the photo was taken at... I think that's the black trim on the front bumper, where it comes up to meet the wheelarch? If so, it's a separate price, easy to remove (designed to get knocked) - part '8' in this link (this is for the regular 4x4 but pretty sure that piece the same on the Cross too). There is a single 'star' clip holding the upper end in place and the bottom edge hooks into the lower part of the bumper trim - easy to remove, so get the dealer to do it at their expense! (about £40 for the part) https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog/parts/707/26/10/2/33/31917M051870/ZFA31200003210975/0/0/0/front-bumper-

Last edited:
I've attached a pic of my new car. I do love it despite the stress of the dealership fiasco. I'm a little sad over the demise of the cd player. I'm not very tech savvy.

I' not tech savvy either and I wanted the CD player. Despite the fact the CD player was available on a cheaper version (than my TA 4x4) dealers said it could not be fitted. So I have some kit I don't use . Pity

I previously bought a 500X which was delivered missing a number of bits , and the Dealer (not the one I got the Panda from) was hopelessly unhelpful

I went to collect my Panda Waze 4x4 today. ... It should come with floor mats as standard according to the website but there weren't any so currently in dispute about getting these.
The online configurator is notoriously bad at listing the wrong things* - because the system behind it has to work in all countries, but different countries get different specs. The only 'accurate' place to see what is included is the UK-specific price list, here https://www.fiat.co.uk/content/dam/fiat/uk/business/Fiat_Price_List_April_2019.pdf - and in there, no mention of mats at all. (see page 55 of the PDF file)

* and, the 'legal' section of the website states that it may not be accurate: "12. Products offered for sale may differ from those described or illustrated on this website due to later production changes in specification, components or place of manufacture. The contents of this website are therefore not to be treated as representation as to the current availability of products or services as described or as to products actually offered for sale."

Last edited:
I'm still confused about what the Waze is. Mine clearly has Cross written on the side strips.
Your car is a Panda Cross - but the 'special edition' that Fiat have produced to promote the free-to-use Waze sat nav phone app (so Fiat will be being paid by Waze for the publicity they are giving to the owners of Waze - Google!). The littel blue car logo on the front wings is the Waze app's logo.

Originally only sold as a 2 wheel drive version, based on the 'City Cross', Fiat later (and only for a very short time) offered the Waze with 4 wheel drive at no extra cost to celebrate the 'real' Panda Cross being selected as 4x4 SUV of the year by 4x4 Magazine. I think (but may be wrong) that the 4x4 Waze was UK specific?

In creating the Waze version of the Cross 4x4, Fiat have reduced costs by leaving out several things that are normally in the 'true' Cross, such as climate control, alloy wheels, leather steering wheel etc. They also leave off some of the 'trim' pieces that make the Cross stand out (like red tow hooks on the front, or shiny silver bits on the bumpers). But what you have got is all the good bits that make the 4x4 Pandas cost much more more than the two wheel drive Panda, but at the price of a two wheel drive: a very good value 4x4 car as a result.

(See Fiat's Waze press release and 4x4Mag's SUV of the year award. This page shows how Fiat sees the Panda Waze as being the 'social media car' https://www.fiat.com/panda/panda-waze ... its all about 'being connected')

Last edited:
So those are the only marks on the car (the black trim?). So they've tried buffing it out which hasn't worked? Do bear in mind you could come back to it in a car park post repair and that trim could be in a worse state. Trying Back To Black worth a go, then just forget it.

Someone's just paid a premium for a new car and it turns up looking like that, without mats that are listed on the spec list and is handed over in a hurry by a member of staff who couldn't give a damn, working for a dealership who doesn't appear to care much either, and you're suggesting the customer buy an off-the-shelf product to use and then just forget about it? 'Those are the only marks' - there shouldn't be any blo*dy marks! Unbelievable response :eek::mad:

I'm with Linzilou on this. The fact that she might drive it into a hedge and scratch it to blazes the day after collecting it, or that someone might scrape it in a car park, is completely beside the point!

Frankly, if either of you two guys had been asked to accept a new vehicle with scuff marks, I reckon you'd both be screaming blue murder at the dealer. Am I right or am I right?

This, 10,000% this!

The dealer is Stoneacre Fiat Chesterfield. My dealings prior to this were good. They have put polish on the scratches to try and cover them but they show up more. The guy I collected the car from worked for a different brand and had aN interested customer so i was ushered off before a proper look around. Now i know why. I just hope they get it sorted quickly. But i will never use them again. I'm glad i'm not the only one having issues with the mats. Fiat really need to buck their ideas up.

I'm still confused about what the Waze is. Mine clearly has Cross written on the side strips.

I'd give Fiat Customer Service a call about all this, for what it's worth. 00800 3428 0000. You might get something out of it, you never know - they are variable, sometimes really good, sometimes useless. Where was the salesperson you dealt with? You were good enough to order from them but they weren't good enough to hand the car over to you?! As a former salesman myself who used to go in on my day off to hand over a car, this makes me mad. The fact the other guy had an interested customer is kinda fair enough in that he might not be getting any commission from handing over your car, but you're an 'actual' customer, not just an interested one, and it should be up to him and his colleague and their employer to come to an arrangement to ensure a paying customer gets decent service. I'd kick that shower in to touch to be honest. Stoneacre are buying up dealerships left right & centre - I hope they don't spread too much further south if this is the sort of 'service' they offer. :((n)

Shame Fiat don't follow Jaguar Landrover and have Approved Bodyshops on their website alongside the dealerships. That way dealer could just say we've given them the part, take it there they'll sort it. JTD_Liam I simply meant forget dealing with dealer group. Once they've sold you a car they don't care. Linzilou hope sorted soon. :)

Linzilou you could get quote for trim off reputable bodyshop, blank your address out, scan document and post in public message on Fiat Facebook page mentioning the dealer group. They may suddenly be very interested......:devil:

Back