redcinq1.jpg

Cinquecento my new cinqi

Introduction

couldnt live without a cinq :) so i bought a new one :D

Red 1996/7 (dunno) cinq sporting in rosso red. genuine abarth skirts from factory.. everything else standard :)

I HATE THE STANDARD CINQ SUSPENTION heh. feels like its gonna topple over.. nearly shat myself taking corners like i could take my old one heh.. not a good idea :p

noticed problems since ive got it (an hour ago).. think the passenger side rear hub has gone.. not a prob tho, easy fix. and there is some rust on the inner rear arches in the boot but ill tackle it asap :)

other than that, its great :D im happy again! its got a dent in the bonnet but they are easy to replace anyway so ill pick one up in a week or so... MUST LOWER before i fly off the road. oh yeah and i broke the handbrake on my test drive :) although i think the cable has just come loose rather than snapping but again, easy to replace so ill have a better look another day :)

seems slow compared to the tunned 1242 :p

anyway, pics! oh and ital be at stanford on sunday on the FF area so come find me!
thing is they are covered by wide arches arent they?

wheels only fail the MOT for bein too wide if they are judged to be a danger to the public by being unprotected on the sides of the car....

but yea, the red one looks sick, i actually found a web site that sells steffan cups in 7x14 and a 32 offset and 4x100 PCD for about £100 each wheel, resprayed with the middle in black and the sliver rim would look sick on my car if i do say so myself! :cool:

maybe next year, depends on the money situation!

will look awesome tho mate! (y)

thing is, wat about sport pack mini's? the wheels on those stick out from the arches, and i would say only about the same ammount as that on the red on in that pic!

bush... if they do stick out a bit, might be worth lookin at abarth or hormann arches to make it a little wider then, might make it seem that the wheels dont stick out that far!

Bushboy said:
horman arches are rediculously expencive.. was thinking of getting some abarth arches and then poss some sports pack arches to mould onto them. will see when the tyres come.

175/50 tyres are fine on 7" wide wheels.. its what everyone has

cool... go for it man, i well fancy 7x14's with 185/50 tyres!!!

i was of course talkin about the narrow kit, not the wide 1, the wide one comes with the ugly bumpers an it about £800 without side skirts.

u can get the narrow skirt and arch kit, a lot like the abarth but a bit bigger, for under £300!!!

i think that is a must, will look awesome in imola blue if i do say so myself!

They are defo the best wheels youve brought so far bushboy, i always wanted them for my cinq as i nearly had some on my mini and loved em but i couldnt find the propper 7" wide wheels anywhere near fiat fitment for a good price and i hate wobbly bolts so are these on with no special bolts or spaccers same as on a mini?

Also on sportspack mini's the original sportspack wheels stick under the arch by about an inch

Bushboy said:
might aswel get the abarth arches as i have the skirts already.. ive just put some corner splitters on the front heh.. looks loads better with the skirts now :p

abarth arches would finish the body work off awesomely....

dont suppose u want a smooth boot? got 1 in the office that wants shifting!

got a pic of the corner splitters? i well want some, which ones did u get?

in other news...... Euro fever hits the UK..... :p

fooking awesome looking.
I can imagine my car looking like that red one that was posted further back! :D

Don't worry about MOT, jus whack the standards back on! should take you about 10 mins if that (y)

Jus need a highboost turbo now and smoothed everything!

Last edited:
Back