alloys.png

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Mk2b.

Introduction

My MK2B

Re: My Mk2b

its down to your taste. imo, it looks much better having everything colour coded like that, but some prefer the contrast in colour.

if i wasnt looking for a re-sale in less than a year id get them done in the same black as the alloys as im going for a blue-black contrast but theres only so many things i can put back to stock for re-sale :confused: **** it ill get em done blue

why cant u get them painted to match the wheels? plenty of cars have different coloured mirrors... look at the mini. lol

thats true but what i didnt tell you is i have a set of 17' abarth alloys with low profiles in my shed but i think they look to big for the car not sure weather to put them on. pluss the size increase on the width of the tire compared to my 15' black rims might cause strain on my gearbox etc

the thing with your gearbox i have the exact same thing always when going into 2nd it makes a like grinding/crunch noise, mines a bent tooth so you probably got the same mate

cheers for the advice bud, i think its a warn bearing myself im going to swop them all for new ones today in my drive ;p

49.99 and i wouldnt atempt it if you dont know much about cars or even if you havnt changed one before, you dont want to end up making bigger bills for urself (n)

EDIT: i get discount price's because i fix cars for them when they need help on weekends
Why not? The first mechanical thing I ever did to my car was change the clutch. No-one was born knowing how to do anything, and the only way to learn is to have a go. Ok, having someone who knows how would be a good help, but a Haynes manual and a little common sense should see you through. Not to mention the sense of self satisfaction when you do it yourself.

Why not? The first mechanical thing I ever did to my car was change the clutch. No-one was born knowing how to do anything, and the only way to learn is to have a go. Ok, having someone who knows how would be a good help, but a Haynes manual and a little common sense should see you through. Not to mention the sense of self satisfaction when you do it yourself.

ermm hi :) i said i fitted it myself but i was advising them if they know nothing about cars then dont do somthing thats a big job and end up breaking somthing else and the job costing more! thanks for your witty reply tho ;pp

decided im painting the stock alloys white with the blue midle peice to go better with my car than these cheap and cheerfull black 1s , i think blue car with white alloys will look good?:confused:

mate i reckon keep te black wheels,lower it 35mm or 50mm,take off side bump strips,colour code mirrors and handles,smooth boot. now that will look sexy :D,plus maybe a gsr induction kit just for a nice roar and a little bhp gain,also i heard you mention seat covers. if you wanna go all out you could buy alfa romeo 147 leather seats and they fit in. the fronts are straight swaps but the backs need some patience and hard graft.

also some metal pressed plates will look nice and give it a bit more of an eye catching look

Last edited:

Liking the car mate. Looks good in that colour ;)

agree that white alloys or silver 16" would look better.

Liking the Debadged grill. never thought that they looked good on the blue puntos. but it seems to work with your color scheme :)

you thought about smooth siding?

cheers man i love the look of yours, erm i wanted to smooth side it but im not to sure about the line it leaves , i know theres no paint difference or scratches left if done correctly but it leaves a line still unless you get resprayed , also i have a house thats got cerment cover with stone chippings in so if you park down the drive and wind blows ur door into the house your fked, that bit of ****ty plastic has saved me on many occasions lol

cheers man i love the look of yours, erm i wanted to smooth side it but im not to sure about the line it leaves , i know theres no paint difference or scratches left if done correctly but it leaves a line still unless you get resprayed , also i have a house thats got cerment cover with stone chippings in so if you park down the drive and wind blows ur door into the house your fked, that bit of ****ty plastic has saved me on many occasions lol

Smooth siding is relatively easy to do, just used a heat gun on it and pulled it. came straight off. same method as debadging the tailgate. AutoGlym Tar remover is excellent for everything thats left. Plus that "line" is easy to get rid of using a bit of T-Cut.

However have had my door blown into a wall since which bent it. :cry: exactly where the plastic would have been.

Dont let that put you off, was a freak accident (y)

Thanks for the praise on my Punto. Take a look through my thread LINKY. Induction and Lowering springs are for slae now as well, and the car will be going in the summer :(

Smooth siding is relatively easy to do, just used a heat gun on it and pulled it. came straight off. same method as debadging the tailgate. AutoGlym Tar remover is excellent for everything thats left. Plus that "line" is easy to get rid of using a bit of T-Cut.

However have had my door blown into a wall since which bent it. :cry: exactly where the plastic would have been.

Dont let that put you off, was a freak accident (y)

Thanks for the praise on my Punto. Take a look through my thread LINKY. Induction and Lowering springs are for slae now as well, and the car will be going in the summer :(

ahhh ill take pics when i get the white alloys on, and im to chicken to smooth the sides atm ;p also my dads not convinced ! :( lol

Back