IMAG0730.jpg

Grande Punto My Mean Tangerine

Introduction

The Mean Tangerine

Hi
Been on the forum for a while now and have previously made a thread for my last car which wasn't very successful so thought i'd try again with my new Grande Punto 1.9 Sporting, haven't really got any mods in the line up, but heres a basic idea of what I would like to do and some of whats been done already

Engine
Piper Cross Panel Filter - Done
Paint engine cover
Fit oil catch tank - Maybe
Straight through cat-back exhaust - Maybe
Red-Dot Re-map
Forge Boost Hoses

ICE
Upgrade standard sound system

Exterior
Carbon Fiber wrap pillars - Done
Osram Diadem Indicator Bulbs - Done
L.E.D side lights - Done (with no warning lights:D)
Chippex chip repair
Carbon Fiber wrap middle bit inbetween grills - Done
Spray front grills black
Paint M-jet Badge the same orange as the car

Let me know what you think
Cheers

Couldn't get the pictures to work

Reactions: S1M0
Re: The Mean Tangerine

Your car will eat through the front tyres with that heavy diesel. The toyos arent the best :( were wearing thin on my old 1.8 punto after 4 months :/

Your car will eat through the front tyres with that heavy diesel. The toyos arent the best :( were wearing thin on my old 1.8 punto after 4 months :/

I've heard they don't last long but when a budget tyre lasts the same length of time and costs the same i'd rather go for the one which performs better, and the car won't get used much over the winter period, 18 miles a day to work and back, so I dont think tyre wear will be too bad, the reason I went for these was because alot of my friends use them, in particular I know a guy using them on a Peugeot 306 1.8 16v and he can easily get 7000 miles out a set and he's not the slowest driver in the world

But thanks for the input it is appreciated

Cheers

Well as long as youre doing good mileage like that everyday they shouldnt wear as quick! At least they will get warm lol!
Enjoy them, they are good.

Well as long as youre doing good mileage like that everyday they shouldnt wear as quick! At least they will get warm lol!
Enjoy them, they are good.

Can't wait to get them fitted, the tyres on the car are down to about 3mm tread and it's scary in the wet, just spins the wheels and of your too enthusiastic about cornering it just understeers, can cure it with a bit of lift off oversteer though :p lol

Cheers

Right as I said here's an update about my new rubber
Some pictures first

IMAG03471.jpg

And I also decided to give my wheels a going over with the polish then sealant then wax, turned out not too bad, also I've been trying out a trick a friend told me which is to heat the tyre up with a heat gun so its warm to the touch then applying the tyre gel to the warm tyre (sticks better) then going over it with the heat gun again, kind of cures it on the tyre works quite well I think

IMAG03401.jpg

Anyway, the tyres, There bloody awesome best tyres I've ever had on a car, If anyone on here is having handling issues with a GP get a set of these (toyo Proxy T1R) even in the wet they are amazing, I had no idea how good a GP could corner until I had these put on and I've pushed this car pretty hard at times, amazing value at £76 each, 5 Star recommendation, Also replaced my drop links on both sides as I was hearing a very slight knocking noise from the front right, so replaced them to be on the safe side

Got some Powerflex stuff on order aswell, will be posting up pictures of that soon aswell

Cheers

Oh and some Forge braces next month :p

Last edited:
That's lovely, really suits your car, had to put the saving on hold for a month or 2 just now, have had a few problems with the car recently (alternator, battery, gear linkage) , all fixed now though

Cheers

Haha cheers man. That sucks, at least its sorted. All the shows I have been going ive never seen a gp sitting on 0.05's. Where abouts you from man?

Was speaking to you at the Falkirk cruise tonight. Nice car, was good seeing a fellow tange ;)

Need to update this mate , looks so much better now, my mate even said yours is the nicest one he's seen, and he hates Punto's

Back