IMAG0730.jpg

Grande Punto My Mean Tangerine

Introduction

The Mean Tangerine

Hi
Been on the forum for a while now and have previously made a thread for my last car which wasn't very successful so thought i'd try again with my new Grande Punto 1.9 Sporting, haven't really got any mods in the line up, but heres a basic idea of what I would like to do and some of whats been done already

Engine
Piper Cross Panel Filter - Done
Paint engine cover
Fit oil catch tank - Maybe
Straight through cat-back exhaust - Maybe
Red-Dot Re-map
Forge Boost Hoses

ICE
Upgrade standard sound system

Exterior
Carbon Fiber wrap pillars - Done
Osram Diadem Indicator Bulbs - Done
L.E.D side lights - Done (with no warning lights:D)
Chippex chip repair
Carbon Fiber wrap middle bit inbetween grills - Done
Spray front grills black
Paint M-jet Badge the same orange as the car

Let me know what you think
Cheers

Couldn't get the pictures to work

Reactions: S1M0
Hi Folks

Not updated in a while been so busy doing odd jobs for people, not really much to update on apart from fitting my Pipercross induction kit which i got for free :p so thought id just add some pictures for you's to look at
Went a camping trip with a few mates in July
IMAG1210.jpg

IMAG1218.jpg

Still needs lowered :(

Detailing Session, my mate with the fez helped
IMAG1304.jpg

IMAG1306.jpg

IMAG1310.jpg

Nice and shiney :D

Some Randoms
IMAG1389.jpg

IMAG1393.jpg

With a pals old 306 D-Turbo
IMAG1395.jpg

My Induction Kit (Sound is Awesome:devil:)
IMAG1426.jpg

IMAG1427.jpg

All shined up ready for a cruise
IMAG1428.jpg

Oh and I decided to make my buttons slightly fluffy with some suede
IMAG1434.jpg

Nighttime PhotoStop (might add those are only my sidelights that are on and they are not anywhere near that blue in person)
IMAG1461.jpg

IMAG1463.jpg

Cheers

looking good mate.

Do you like the induction sound? i think it gets annoying after a while its so loud although mine was an open cone filter that looks like its enclosed slightly.

Jordan.

Cheers bud

Yeh I love the sound I know what you mean about it getting annoying, I find if I change gear before 1600rpm there isn't that much noise so thats what I do when I cant be bothered with the noise, An yes your right it's so loud it's unreal, took it to a cruise the other week and had so many people staring at it when the turbo was fluttering, and its a piper cross venom kit, so yes it's enclosed but I think that makes for a better sound, will try and get a video uploaded so you can hear

Cheers

That sounds like something out of a sci-fi film! I must admit after hearing the turbo on Jordans car spool for myself last time i saw him i was gobsmacked. Anything to enhance that is a win win win in my book. Liking it.

That sounds like something out of a sci-fi film! I must admit after hearing the turbo on Jordans car spool for myself last time i saw him i was gobsmacked. Anything to enhance that is a win win win in my book. Liking it.

I must admit I really really like the noise it makes, that video does not do it justice, and it is so much better when the car is under load

might try and get another video on the move this time though

Cheers

It got the nick name "the mean tangerine" from one of my pals when I first got the car, and I couldn't think of anything to name the thread when I started it, so that's the reason behind the thread name

Haha mate, just funning lol, I used to call my orange GP sporting the tangerine too lol :D

Sorry my sense of humour is shocking :p

Last edited:
Re: The Mean Tangerine

That sounds similar to what mine did before I removed it. the chatter is good which I still get with just a panel filter but the suction noise on acceleration just sounds like a bag of nails!

I do agree with you when talking about the acceleration, and I did have a panel filter, but my friend gave me the induction kit for free :D but when your pottering around town at night, the amount of "wtf" looks you get is awesome, cause people know it's a Punto they assume it's slow :p

How do you take the steering wheel controls off mate?

I used the end of a spoon in between the main part of the steering wheel and the top control, you should be able to prise the control away from the wheel, however you cannot unplug the control, so don't pull too much you don't want the wires to snap

Also I unplugged the horn before doing it

Cheers

Back