IMAG0730.jpg

Grande Punto My Mean Tangerine

Introduction

The Mean Tangerine

Hi
Been on the forum for a while now and have previously made a thread for my last car which wasn't very successful so thought i'd try again with my new Grande Punto 1.9 Sporting, haven't really got any mods in the line up, but heres a basic idea of what I would like to do and some of whats been done already

Engine
Piper Cross Panel Filter - Done
Paint engine cover
Fit oil catch tank - Maybe
Straight through cat-back exhaust - Maybe
Red-Dot Re-map
Forge Boost Hoses

ICE
Upgrade standard sound system

Exterior
Carbon Fiber wrap pillars - Done
Osram Diadem Indicator Bulbs - Done
L.E.D side lights - Done (with no warning lights:D)
Chippex chip repair
Carbon Fiber wrap middle bit inbetween grills - Done
Spray front grills black
Paint M-jet Badge the same orange as the car

Let me know what you think
Cheers

Couldn't get the pictures to work

Reactions: S1M0
Hi

Not really update because not much has changed, so cleaned the car today and took a drive through to edinburgh tonight for some snaps next to the bridge hope you guys like

Dirty Car

Products Used

Teeth being done :D lol

Mid Wash

Clean

Beading

Done

Done

My GPS and the Bridge

And Finally the bridge its self

Cheers

Nope, Its the Subwoofer and Amplifier Unit from an Alfa Romeo 147 which I got for free, so I thought I would have a go at installing it in the car, might not be that good but, the amplifier is capable of powering all the door speakers aswell as the subwoofer so maybe when its closer to the summer I was thinking of running the cables to the door speakers aswell, but thats only if it works lol

Cheers

Nope, Its the Subwoofer and Amplifier Unit from an Alfa Romeo 147 which I got for free, so I thought I would have a go at installing it in the car, might not be that good but, the amplifier is capable of powering all the door speakers aswell as the subwoofer so maybe when its closer to the summer I was thinking of running the cables to the door speakers aswell, but thats only if it works lol

Cheers

I cant imagine it being much harder than retro fitting the factory subwoofer like i did. But you've got to find out which wires which ;p

I cant imagine it being much harder than retro fitting the factory subwoofer like i did. But you've got to find out which wires which ;p

I gave up trying to work out which wires did what given that there are 25 pins on the amplifier, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask Bose for a wiring diagram and from that I was able to get it all wired up and working :D now just to find a place to put it, I was thinking under the tray in the spare wheel well?

Cheers

Re: The Mean Tangerine

Looking good mate! Well dine in the sub too what does it look like?

Cheers bud, not looking so good just now in terms of the sub never got a chance to finish it off nicely last night and the car had to go in for the strut top bearing today and I won't get it back until monday, but managed to get the amplifier sitting nicely on the right rear wheel arch with some velcro, will post some pictures once it's all finished so you guys can see

Wells as promised here are some pictures of the final process and the final outcome, safe to say I am quite pleased at how it's turned out and doesn't sound too bad either :D

This is where the amplifier goes held on with velcro
IMAG0969.jpg

Now I thought the amplifier could be given a better look so put my soldering skills to the test with some spare LEDs I had lying around
IMAG0970.jpg

IMAG0973.jpg

Placed inside the amplifier
IMAG0974.jpg

Amplifier Installed
IMAG0975.jpg

IMAG0976.jpg

Need to get some wiring loom tape to tidy up the wires a bit
IMAG0978.jpg

:slayer:
Cheers

Last edited:
Not much more to report on for now really so thought I would post some pictures I got of the car over the weekend, after all we have to make the most of the nicer weather just now

IMAG0985.jpg

so managed to take the car for a good and proper drive, and I have to say i'm very pleased with the way the car handles, although I think a set of braces will be on order soon

IMAG0986.jpg

IMAG0988.jpg

IMAG0989.jpg

Now whilst I was taking the last picture a very nice Maserati Gran Turismo drove past and I gave the guy a wave and thought it would be a good laugh to try and catch it, which give the Punto its dew it did :D and I was well impressed to say the least, so was the guy driving the Maserati lol

Heres a picture one of my friends managed to snap

WP_20130419_001_0000015126.jpg

Just incase anybody is interested this road is called "The Dukes Pass" and it runs between Aberfoyle and Callander

Thanks for Looking

Looks like a fantastic driving road. I e got a fair few near me. It would be great to get a collection of people local to yourselves and get some motion pics on these roads

Looks like a fantastic driving road. I e got a fair few near me. It would be great to get a collection of people local to yourselves and get some motion pics on these roads

Its a fantastic driving road, but unfortunately it doesn't have very good statistics such as there's many people die on it every year so you do have to be careful when on it, and yes it would be awesome to get some motion pictures from the cliff tops looking down onto the road but I'm not sure if anyone on here lives as close as me to this area, it is a lovely part of Scotland aswell

Cheers

finally got your head around the wiring then :p

I though the mjet's handled like a barge boat loaping into the corners so I didn't waste time and got myself some eibach springs along with the forge braces. NOW it handles well haha

finally got your head around the wiring then :p

I though the mjet's handled like a barge boat loaping into the corners so I didn't waste time and got myself some eibach springs along with the forge braces. NOW it handles well haha

Yeh was a bit of a nightmare trying to wire it all up, and yeh a bit barge like but on the road in question I was really surprised, although it was really squirmy (tail happy)

Cheers

Right bit of an update, not done much to the car other than touching up some small bits and bobs to give it a bit of a fresh look, loads of pictures

Starting off with my rear light cluster bolts, as these were really rusted on the top surface, so I attacked them with some spare paint I had lying around.
IMAG1052.jpg

IMAG1054.jpg

IMAG1055.jpg

That was enough for that day, then the weather got worse so about a week later it was a lovely day so decided it would be good to do some more bits and bobs
IMAG1080.jpg

Got to love the optimism was still a hot day though

Started off swapping my wheels round, as the front tyres were down to about 4mm and the backs are like new at 7mm
IMAG1083.jpg

IMAG1084.jpg

IMAG1086.jpg

Needing Lowered I think

Anyway I had a slight problem with some lacquer peel on one of my rear panels, I know this is not how its meant to be fixed but I can't afford to have a body shop do it just now so with some spare lacquer I made my best attempt to stop it from peeling in the mean time.
Started with this
IMAG1105.jpg

Sprayed, ended up with this
IMAG1106.jpg

Polished down, Ended up like this, not the best finish, But it has stopped peeling for now
IMAG1112.jpg

After this I decided to sort my wheel nuts, something that has been bothering me since I bought the car is that they are all rusted, so off to halfrauds for some paint
Dont have any before pictures, Rears done
IMAG1114.jpg

IMAG1115.jpg

Decided to do the brake discs whilst I had the wheels off
IMAG1116.jpg

IMAG1125.jpg

IMAG1128.jpg

Fronts
IMAG1129.jpg

IMAG1130.jpg

Then I went mental cleaning it and giving it a good wax :D
IMAG1132.jpg

IMAG1135.jpg

And now the car is away for a gearbox refurbishment :( when I bought the car in February the gearbox was groaning, then the other night it developed the dreaded whine in first and second, but its getting done under warranty so thats a plus, hopefully get it back next week in time for the weekend :D

Cheers

Back