1.jpg

Seicento my little red sporty curvy box

Introduction

well it is finally time to put my new sporting up on here after selling my beautiful blue cinq sx a few weeks back :( sad times but made better by my new red seicento sporting 53 plate (y)
I didn't think power steering would make such a difference and the steering rack seems quicker? not sure but anyway it feels amazing! like i'm driving an actual car :D but with all the smallness and agility of my little cinq.
my first mod was some authentic ish ferrari ish side decals.
seen them on red sei's before and IMO looks cheaky :)
then after another look on the bay for random parts i found some red schumacher side-skirts and arranged a deal, £50 inc. postage :)
cleaned them up and started by glueing the spoiler on with colour coded red electrical tape (y) but random freezing weather halted the side skirts being put on until the other day.
glue'd and very screwed on they look fantastic! really make the car look beefy although they are a bit too red so i now notice how faded my paint actually is on the back (n)
The only machanical things which had to be done were a new tank fitted and a new ARB side bracket thingey which was very very worn and made a clunk.
after a couple of weeks driving this little gem I am equally in love with my new sei, but i would happily by my old cinq back in a heartbeat if the new owners wanted to sell it :) please give your opinion on it as any feedback will be taken (not always followed but appreciated ;) )
after deciding not to spend any money on my car i managed a whole month before giving in again :) refurbed my alloys in black complete with 'controversial' red tyre writing :) i love them but they do look smaller :(
next i really wanted a induction kit but after loads of searching i couldnt find anywhere that does the cheap 'focus kit' and the k&n's are poo and too poor for owt else so i made one! used the intercooler to manifold pipe off my dads spare 406 2 liter diesel a little chopping but was exactly the right diameter and shape (y) then for the filter i struggled to find one thatd fit :( eventually gave up with the misinformed idiots at halfords so my local auto factors helped me out :) 1 hour later and after trying all the filters i had one, a chavvy max power one in shiney red (y) fitted a treat and made a cold air feed out of some 'spare' pipe i found behind the tumble dryer, sprayed black looks mint. Also took the time to rub down and polish my cam cover as it needed a new gasket anyway.
next was the abarth center car come badge which some would say is upside down. but it looks far more aggressive that way :)
and finally i have been looking at the back of my car for 2 months and wondering why i havent seen one where the plate surround/ fake diffuser is black ?
so masked it up rubbed down primed sprayed clear coated and looks absolutly mint! IMO lol also debadged it of rear badges and the schumi ones off the side skirts.
planning to paint around the front plate too as already have plenty of spare paint :)
please let me know your opinions guys!
:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 72
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
  • 20130414_110204.jpg
    20130414_110204.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
  • 20130407_180601.jpg
    20130407_180601.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 68
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • 20130414_142400.jpg
    20130414_142400.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 58
  • 20130414_113519.jpg
    20130414_113519.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
  • 20130414_113310.jpg
    20130414_113310.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
  • 20130414_110250.jpg
    20130414_110250.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • 20130414_110225.jpg
    20130414_110225.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • 20130416_164713.jpg
    20130416_164713.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
That's a nice looking Sei....making me tempted to get one now:p

Just a small thing.....the rocker cover breather will need to be plumbed in to the intake for it to pass the MOT. If you've still got the original air box, keep it for the MOT....thats what I'm doing with mine end of next month.

after getting some smd fog light bulbs i went to fit them and found why my fogs wernt working, they had obviously disintegrated and were beyond repair :(
well i wasnt having that! so set out dissmantling them cleaning, rubbing down, chopping, painting and glued the lenses back on. i haven't put new reflectors in but have removed the bit of metal that goes in front of the bulbs. basically i have changed them from blinding fogs to daytime running lights :) and only cost me the price of new bulbs (y)
i had to no nails the bulbs in as the bulb carriers had fell apart and i wasn't buying new lamps. then hard soldiered the connections and taped up one unit as the rubber had a massive hole in it.
the next thing i have done is take the michael schumacher badges off and looking for some cheap abarth decals to fit on the side skirts.
then felt the need to adhere to the 18 year old stereotype so went to halfords and spent £160 on a new sub and amp :D i love it but it is quite large for the boot, but adds a real good thump to my filthy dubstep :slayer:

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
  • 9.7.jpg
    9.7.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • 9.5.jpg
    9.5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
Not sure whether to slap you silly for the electrical safety/potential fire aspect of doing this....
or to kiss you on both cheeks for proving that civilization will not suffer an irreversible collapse due to the demise of Blue Peter & sticky-back-plastic.

Might have been better to buy some aftermarket lights -but I have to applaud your determination & ingenuity :D

just buy some tint spray... its really easy.
i don't like flyeyes myself, the not really dark stuff looks quite cool in pictures online but just think they look hideous in the flesh. Just think it looks totally weird when its really dark though and coupled with the crap lights you get on a cento can't be very good at night either. They say its not meant to dull the lights but thats clearly a lie lol.

on my cinq it made the shocking lights really awefull :/ so i got some 100w xenon bulbs and through the tint it comes out looking normal :) even went through the mot like that!! and they do look a bit cwap really up close but they are the best way to tint them i have found :) and IMO it looks a little bit more agressive which cant be a bad thing on a red sei ;)

Back