1.jpg

Seicento my little red sporty curvy box

Introduction

well it is finally time to put my new sporting up on here after selling my beautiful blue cinq sx a few weeks back :( sad times but made better by my new red seicento sporting 53 plate (y)
I didn't think power steering would make such a difference and the steering rack seems quicker? not sure but anyway it feels amazing! like i'm driving an actual car :D but with all the smallness and agility of my little cinq.
my first mod was some authentic ish ferrari ish side decals.
seen them on red sei's before and IMO looks cheaky :)
then after another look on the bay for random parts i found some red schumacher side-skirts and arranged a deal, £50 inc. postage :)
cleaned them up and started by glueing the spoiler on with colour coded red electrical tape (y) but random freezing weather halted the side skirts being put on until the other day.
glue'd and very screwed on they look fantastic! really make the car look beefy although they are a bit too red so i now notice how faded my paint actually is on the back (n)
The only machanical things which had to be done were a new tank fitted and a new ARB side bracket thingey which was very very worn and made a clunk.
after a couple of weeks driving this little gem I am equally in love with my new sei, but i would happily by my old cinq back in a heartbeat if the new owners wanted to sell it :) please give your opinion on it as any feedback will be taken (not always followed but appreciated ;) )
Very nice, looks to be in good nick, almost the same as mine (just less faded)! (y)

I've also gone for the schumacher side skirts as well but I will put some abarth badges on instead. I wasn't sure whether to put them on as they make the wheels look smaller :eek:

Ben

thanks :D mine has two little dings on the drivers door but seems ok,
and yes abarth badges would look better because then its not copying a schuey lol. and my wheels do look smaller :( but thinking of painting mine black with red pinstripe for now, would love some 14" abarth wheels but they are quite expensive for what they are :( so am thinking of waiting until next payday and getting some new 500 wheels and spraying those black :) lowering is also on the cards as the handling is pretty hilarious compared to my lowered cinq :)

Looking good! Reasonably spotless sees are getting rare now! If you get annoyed with the faded paint Anymore drop me a pm and I can sort you out a full enhancement detail at a good price :) keep up the good work!

i'm no expert on car cleaning/detailing products but i can't see how any of them can do anything through top coat... A previous owner of my car has tried to tcut or similar what appears to be a scrap on one of the rear arches but all thats they have achieved is buffing off the top coat leaving a horrid patch of paint - looks terrible in sunshine but you can't see it when the car is wet. I just live with it tbh.

i had a r-reg (1998) punto in red once, that didn't have top coat and would go really lush red again when polished but my seicento doesn't. No idea when they started using top coat but there is only 2 years between the punto and my current seicento age wise, but saying that, they came form different factories too.

also, i am thinking of buying a sportex exhaust next payday, but after searching everywhere i cant seem to find a good video/opinion on what it would sound like. all i want is it to be beefier and not like a farting saxo boyracer lol
any experience with these systems?
thanks

My friend had a twin centre dtm on his cinquecento it sounded okay through the revs,but from what I've heard they're poor quality and don't last. Buy a janspeed or supersprint more expensive but from what I've seen of them look they look better quality!

i got one on my turbo sei... here is a quick vid of it ticking over..

Its actually quite quiet except when your stood behind car but the turbo makes the exhaust a bit quieter. Great quality though, i'd recommend it for the money - try making an offer through the ebay shop, i managed to knock £20 or so off the asking price when i ordered mine.

Last edited:
Back