Currently reading:
General my jtdm

griff83

My 201bhp bravo :) before new suspension and brakes

Attachments

• 575.JPG
    575.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
Looks exactly like me old one, is it a 150 or 165 remapped?

I am looking to get my 165 remapped but can;t find anywhere that will deal with it in Kent :(
Yes it's a 150 with a turbo back exhaust induction kit larger fmic and a custom map done by angel tuning. Got some fk coilovers ordered but still on with making up the brackets up to make the Brembo breaks of a 20v turbo coupe fit.

you spent all that on it and have less power then mine ?
mines just got a dtuk box on it and is 206bhp

i understand that it is quite possible to get 206bhp from using a tuning box but this is in my opinion not the way i wanted to go for a few reasons.

the turbo back exhaust allows the turbine to spin up almost instantly also with the 2 cats removed and only one silencer there is a massive reduction in back pressure which puts less stress on your turbo.

the larger core fmic reduces inlet boost temps, colder air is more dense and contains more oxygen which will produce more power at the same pressure as warmer air.

the induction kit is mostly for sound as a panel filter would do the same job as in turbo charged cars the air is pulled through the filter under pressure.

after a dyno power run with no remap this setup produced 185bhp with boost temperatures almost halved and instant power with no lag at all. standard boost pressure on a 150 jtdm is 22psi peak and holds about 18-19 psi. i raised the boost pressure to hold 21psi and i very small amount of extra fuel and the car produced 201bhp . now i have the uprated clutch fitted i could safely run around 25-28psi and be producing around 220-230bhp? but for now im concentrating on getting the breaks uprated and the suspension.

the problem with producing 50 more hp on the stranded exhaust is there is a big build up in heat due to the turbo having more stress on and improved back pressure this will take its tole on the unit and more than likely fail before its time.

well my car isnt babied and nursed around its had a very hard life but still perfect working order.

no egr issues no eml issues at all.

gets a oil change every 9k instead of the 18k given as i dont like leaving oil in that long specially given the driving style and that used on the car.

its now at 85k and 5 yr old.

if anything was to fail it would definitely have failed within the 2 yrs and 40k miles its been fitted now being that it seems most peoples egrs on here dont even seem to last 40k from new.

also have a 2010 seat ibiza fr 2l tdi 140 with the same thing on from brand new its now on 26k not had a single issue with that not even with the crappy dpf thats still fitted. shall be removed after warranty expiration date.

as for the parts you have fitted i can very much understand this on a petrol turbo engine but its just not worth the expenditure on a diesel personally.

my old fabia had similar and more mods that was a 1.9 tdi 130 and by time i finished it was 247bhp that was a fmic different injectors remap hybrid turbo and exhaust system.

as for your brake modifications i have simply fitted ebc drilled n grooved discs with greenstuff pads

you spent all that on it and have less power then mine ?
mines just got a dtuk box on it and is 206bhp

If your 2 cars where up for sale I'd rather buy the one with the mods and custom remap to compliment the mods rather than the one with just a tuning box slapped on with a generic map. I think he's gone down the right route to gaining more power.

each to there own wen it comes to tuning i was just pointing out that 50hp on stranded equipment is not my way of tuning id rather everything i do be on a safe limit as from my own experience.

funny how you point out how " its not worth the expenditure on a diesel " but you claim to have tuned a fabia 130 to 247 bhp and a quick chat with my mate who runs yvag (yorkshire vag ) and 247 bhp on a 130pd engine requires a large amount of money and modifications with the turbocharger a GT2256V being very expensive. :)

yes i know it was very expensive and only had the car 4 months after that because someone crashed into it and wrote it off while it was parked outside my friends house

plus i also work in the motor trade now so i can see how spending that amount of money on a diesel would have been far better spent on a petrol now with it giving bigger gains to a petrol then a diesel but i still wanted to retain the good mpg`s mine atm is about 58-60mpg the old fabia was doing around 50-55ish mpg

in total i think i spent about 6-7k on the fabia including the solid mass flywheel conversion when the clutch went n that

Back