11304560_822560781174227_618571518_n.jpg

Grande Punto My Grey GP T-Jet (More Door FTW!)

Introduction

Hello all,

Been meaning to pull together a thread for some time and now I have finally sat down to pull it together

So originally I had a Peugeot 106, first car after passing my test, within a couple of months got fed up of the lack of power and got myself a Peugeot 207 GTi (Big mistake).
After 6 months of running backwards of forward from the dealers with mis-firing / timing issues, i called it quits and they found me a Ford Fiesta ST which I absolutely LOVED.

A year down the line, I am told by my partner that the bun was officially in the oven and I'm going to be a Father :)D), now originally I wanted to keep my ST, but seeing the struggles of people with 3-door motors in supermarket car parks was enough to put me off for a life time !

So I was on the market for a decent motor that ticked all the boxes, and thus I found this gem..

11304560_822560781174227_618571518_n.jpg

Saying goodbye to...

10153350_822560777840894_566006886_n.jpg

I haven't really got many photos of the progress from step to step but as you'd probably imagine this was a standard example when bought from dealer.

Since then it has had -

- LED Sidelight replacements (what a nightmare!)
- Xenon headlight & fogs
- 40mm Lowering Springs (PI Performance)
- Debadged bootlid (exc. Fiat badge)
- Debadged front grille
- Heko Wind Deflectors
- GSR Induction Kit
- Vinyl Wrap between top and bottom grilles (behind reg plate)

In the future i'm ideally hoping to add...

- Window Tints
- New alloy wheels, hopefully in anthracite colour
- Abarth twin exit exhaust system / similar
- Replacement bucket seats for front
- Abarth Turbo (if i'm allowed ;))
- Remap

Here's to hoping I can tick this all off, love this car so far and hope things can only get better!!
Nice T-Jet!

Any mods planned? A remap really wakes them up, and an exhaust makes it sound lovely!

New Orleans blue S2 GP T-Jet.
Mods are:
Custom Cat-back with twin tip exit!
Remap soon!

Thanks Steve, it's a lovely colour, especially when cleaned up!

The headlights I bought as a cheapo set on ebay, haven't got the link anymore though sorry :(

Wish I had that colour! Black is a nightmare, especially living next door to a massive steelworks. How much did those springs set you back, much difference?

I know what you mean, my 207 was black and everything showed up on it, when given it being a darker colour you'd think it would mask it, but know your pain!!

The springs were £120, the drop was pretty nice, just right without looking a bit of a pleb, handling is much better also. I didn't notice it affect the ride quality either, so yeah 10/10 from me for them!!

Update..

Been a little while since I put something on here, mainly due to the birth of my 1st child on the 12th July so been a little on the busy side.

Took delivery of this piece of kit on Friday, it was put straight in on Saturday and the standard air box & etc stripped out..

11823918_847678591995779_1029269920_n.jpg

With regards to how it sounds / performs, I'm going to remove the Forge Dump Valve from my list to do, simply because this GSR kit fills the noise that would've been created from a dump valve.

Low speed and cruising along you hear nothing, but putting your foot down gives a nice deep tone along with turbo whistling up, then when you take foot off a loud 'TSSSS' which sounds awesome!

Would definitely recommend one of these kits, i got mine from Torque7 through the GSR Induction Kit - Facebook page, they must be sponsors on here as gave me a discount code for the order.

Nothing else to update other than brake discs and pads replaced and general maintenance..

Tempted to get a video clip of the kit in action, it literally amazed me first run!

Another Bump / Update..

Spent a little while last night wrapping the gap between the two grilles!

Seen it on a few motors on here, and thought why not.

The result I do like, think i've started an unhealthy wrapping addiction as I plan on doing wing mirrors tonight :D

Edit.jpg

p.s. I'm in the process of putting the lower grille back on, it was a pain last night and gonna use a bit of man horsepowers to push it back into place. what a PAIN!

The result I do like, think i've started an unhealthy wrapping addiction as I plan on doing wing mirrors tonight :D

Looks really good, keep it up! (y)

And yes. Wrapping does become a rather unhealthy addiction!
I've got the same. Started with the dashboard (badly). Then the front lip. Now the roof. And I'm gonna redo the roof better. It's a downward spiral!

Thank you, appreciate that :)

Haha well that's it, when I got the car the dash strip (above glove box) was wrapped in carbon, i've now done the front bumper, next wing mirrors, and I think the roof may be one to consider haha!!

Back