WP_000150.jpg

Grande Punto My GPS Mjet 130 :D (Would Like To Know The Former Owner)

Introduction

Hi, heres my awsome black mjet.

if anyone knows the former owner could you tell me :D i have a few questions about the car.

anyway, without further adoo... here it is;

Standard headlights
WP_000150.jpg
With Fly Eyes Kit
WP_000252.jpg
Caliper Painting
WP_000338.jpg
No Sticker ;)
WP_000598.jpg
Naughty Sticker
WP_000599.jpg
Rain Shot
WP_000584.jpg
Stupid cat would'nt get out!
WP_000424.jpg
Preparing Spare Wheel For Spraying
WP_000391.jpg
Primed
WP_000392.jpg
Paint & Laquer
WP_000393.jpg
Close Up of Halfords Fiat Black Metalic Paint (you can see a slight flake in the paint)
WP_000394.jpg

WP_000365.jpg
making a new sub box
WP_000229.jpg
-
WP_000233.jpg
New rear bumper splitter!!!!!! :D still need to get a spare bumper to fit it on to
WP_000398.jpg
Engine Without Cover
WP_000611.jpg
Airbox Improvement!
DSC01334.JPG
Removed Rubbish Air Feed
DSC01325.JPG
Replaced Air Feed And Located It Low Down Near The Fog Light
WP_000612.jpg
Spraying The Engine Cover
WP_000620.jpg
-
WP_000623.jpg
-
WP_000624.jpg
Shiney Even When Dirty :D
DSC01172.JPG
As It Stands Today
DSC01231.JPG
Reactions: Rob93
hmmm i like to give things a go myself, why pay all that money for someone else to do it? my uncles quite a good mechanic anyway so if i get stuck i know who to call ;)

but hopefully this wont need to be done for quite a while yet, so will see how things go.

started a new job canvassing for SafeStyleUK today and although at the start it wasnt looking promising, i made £45 for only 2 hours work, so hopefully after a full day week, i will be able to afford some new goodies for the car :)

I used to use 6th at 30mph but my mpg was awful. Now I use it above 40 mph. I'm guessing this is still not good for my box now though.

My 6th gear has whined since i got my car 2 and a half years ago. Done 14500 miles and, touch wood, but there's been no noticeable change in anything gears related, plus i use my 6th all the time since its the same ratio as most cars 5th.

ahh, so hopefully it should be fine for a while then. thats good news.

had a bit of a stressful day today with some wanabe tailgating me on the dual cariageway grr what annoyed me the most was that he had not even the cupra or fr model ibiza but a crappy one and i couldnt get away from him :/ was heavy traffic so couldnt accelerate to silly speeds (not that i would because im sensible and all that ;) ) but when there was a little 50m gap and i put my foot down in 5th doing about 70 i couldnt shake him :( booooooooooooooo made me feel sad to say i payed 6k and got a nice 07 car with a good engine and i couldnt beat an 04? badly modded ibiza lol

and iv supposedly got some wonderful tuning fuel dumping box on aswell, just proves it doesnt work haha

also at 70mph in 5th revs were at 2k ish i assume peak for torque, what would be better in a situation like that torque or bhp from higher up the rev range? so should of probably dropped to 4th? would of loved a clear road as i think the car has good acceleration from 80-90mph for motorways :/

and iv supposedly got some wonderful tuning fuel dumping box on aswell, just proves it doesnt work haha

also at 70mph in 5th revs were at 2k ish i assume peak for torque, what would be better in a situation like that torque or bhp from higher up the rev range? so should of probably dropped to 4th? would of loved a clear road as i think the car has good acceleration from 80-90mph for motorways :/

but you don't know what engine was in the ibiza...don't be too disheartened because he was also in your slipstream (y)

but you don't know what engine was in the ibiza...don't be too disheartened because he was also in your slipstream (y)

haha, cheap tricks riding my slipstream haha i rekon i could of pulled away with enough room to floor it. ahh well, hopefully see him another time and open a can of whoopass on him

did quite well at work again today, got 2 leads door knocking so thats £70 for me pluss a rookie £10 bonus so put me on £13.33 per hour today for 6 hours haha

hopefully for a full week next week if i get at least 2 leads a day ill be seeing over £300 for the week :p then ill be getting a remap before you know it! just hope the weathers dry as i got a bit wet today (n) :worship:

Aslong as you know how it goes back in again you should be fine. Gearbox's aren't as intimidating as they first seem. You'll be fine (y)

i learned that philosophy many years ago as a youngster climbing trees, i considered myself an expert once i could climb the biggest trees in the fields and get down again without falling out haha:slayer:

Hahaha yes I know what you mean! :slayer:
Once you take it all out, I suggest laying everything down exactly how it came out, or even take a photo so you have something to compare to if you get lost putting it all back in. Being front wheel drive you only have two shafts, the input and output, so you can't get lost really (y)

Hahaha yes I know what you mean! :slayer:
Once you take it all out, I suggest laying everything down exactly how it came out, or even take a photo so you have something to compare to if you get lost putting it all back in. Being front wheel drive you only have two shafts, the input and output, so you can't get lost really (y)

some sound advice, could always take video/tutorial? if i do it that is, its not broken yet haha if its not broke dont fix it ;)

nice work on the car :), was just curious about the airbox mod you've done, On the bottom half of the box where the cold air goes into did you take out the excess pipe there too? On my GP abarth it just slides out unlike the top one were youd have to cut it

oh right, just looking at the video it doesnt look like you have the pipe there. I'm just wondering if its better without it or is it helping with airflow.This is what it looks like.

Attachments

• FTO022.jpg
    FTO022.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 14
Back