WP_000150.jpg

Grande Punto My GPS Mjet 130 :D (Would Like To Know The Former Owner)

Introduction

Hi, heres my awsome black mjet.

if anyone knows the former owner could you tell me :D i have a few questions about the car.

anyway, without further adoo... here it is;

Standard headlights
WP_000150.jpg
With Fly Eyes Kit
WP_000252.jpg
Caliper Painting
WP_000338.jpg
No Sticker ;)
WP_000598.jpg
Naughty Sticker
WP_000599.jpg
Rain Shot
WP_000584.jpg
Stupid cat would'nt get out!
WP_000424.jpg
Preparing Spare Wheel For Spraying
WP_000391.jpg
Primed
WP_000392.jpg
Paint & Laquer
WP_000393.jpg
Close Up of Halfords Fiat Black Metalic Paint (you can see a slight flake in the paint)
WP_000394.jpg

WP_000365.jpg
making a new sub box
WP_000229.jpg
-
WP_000233.jpg
New rear bumper splitter!!!!!! :D still need to get a spare bumper to fit it on to
WP_000398.jpg
Engine Without Cover
WP_000611.jpg
Airbox Improvement!
DSC01334.JPG
Removed Rubbish Air Feed
DSC01325.JPG
Replaced Air Feed And Located It Low Down Near The Fog Light
WP_000612.jpg
Spraying The Engine Cover
WP_000620.jpg
-
WP_000623.jpg
-
WP_000624.jpg
Shiney Even When Dirty :D
DSC01172.JPG
As It Stands Today
DSC01231.JPG
Reactions: Rob93
Nice work with the airbox mod. I just bought today a flexible pipe to make my own, but as i was looking at the engine bay, i thought, why not get a cone induction, a 90 degree pipe and connect that where the maf ends? That way the induction will sit low over the arch. And take the airbox off offcoarse. It will cost a little bit more, but it will be close to the GSR one. Thougts?

sounds like a plan, i had a cone on mine briefly and was placed where the orginal box was, sounded mint but the filter i had was old and tatty so decided to take it off as i didnt want anything to get through the filter and damage my turbo :p

I was looking at your vids and wondering what the triangle was lit up for. Found out today as I have a bulb out.

yeah its the led's in the headlights.. theyre meant to be no error so they dont flash but still brings up the dash lights, but oh well, i can live with it.

and also braved the rain today and checked the springs, theyre black so i would presume they are standard but doesnt explain why the punto i pulled up to was so high ?? hmmm

how much heavier is the mjet compared to the tjet? des this effect handling at all?

T-jet:

Gross vehicle weight = 1715 kg

M-jet

Gross vehicle weight 1765 kg

so according to Auto Trader Dimensions, the diesel is only 50kg heavier, but how true this i i dont know. they are quite heavy cars when you think about it. could be sooo much quicker if they lost 200kg or more!

Well it seems that over the past few days, 6th gear has started to develop a whining noise, noticable when i accelerate at around the 70mph area ;) but once i start letting go of the juice pedal it stops, and then starts again once i press for more juice.... is my gearbox on its way out? i hope not

Well it seems that over the past few days, 6th gear has started to develop a whining noise, noticable when i accelerate at around the 70mph area ;) but once i start letting go of the juice pedal it stops, and then starts again once i press for more juice.... is my gearbox on its way out? i hope not

Yep, bearings about to go. Same happened to mine, lasted about 3k before it was becoming un-driveable. Gearbox refurb will set you back anywhere from £800-1000 +.

Worst thing for that gearbox, accelerating to high speeds from 6th gear. Should always use the gears if you want to pick up speed.

T-jet:

Gross vehicle weight = 1715 kg

M-jet

Gross vehicle weight 1765 kg

so according to Auto Trader Dimensions, the diesel is only 50kg heavier, but how true this i i dont know. they are quite heavy cars when you think about it. could be sooo much quicker if they lost 200kg or more!

Gross weight isn't much use.

The weight of the Mjet is just over 1200kg.

As for the 6th gear whine - pray your ears are fooling you and it's just the turbo spooling up ;)

haha i wish my ears were fooling me and it was the turbo :p but its definately 6th gear, will just have to not use it. or will it not make any difference.

I do use all the gears, pulling off from 6th might be a bit tricky :p

The lowest ive been in 6th and accelerated is probably around 50 in motorway traffic or roadworks, its not something i do often.

and where did you find the weight of the mjet to be 1200kg?

haha i wish my ears were fooling me and it was the turbo :p but its definately 6th gear, will just have to not use it. or will it not make any difference.

I do use all the gears, pulling off from 6th might be a bit tricky :p

The lowest ive been in 6th and accelerated is probably around 50 in motorway traffic or roadworks, its not something i do often.

and where did you find the weight of the mjet to be 1200kg?

Ha I didn't mean pulling off in 6th. Same goes for pulling away in 2nd though.

I wouldn't use 6th unless your above 60 any ways. Really isn't need.

I tried to use it as little as possible once the symptoms started but then other gears started such as 4th and then noises of it grinding as im driving along. Still changed very smooth though. Quicker you get it looked at though the cheaper it will be. If its just 6th gear bearings, £500 will fix it.

Back