WP_000150.jpg

Grande Punto My GPS Mjet 130 :D (Would Like To Know The Former Owner)

Introduction

Hi, heres my awsome black mjet.

if anyone knows the former owner could you tell me :D i have a few questions about the car.

anyway, without further adoo... here it is;

Standard headlights
WP_000150.jpg
With Fly Eyes Kit
WP_000252.jpg
Caliper Painting
WP_000338.jpg
No Sticker ;)
WP_000598.jpg
Naughty Sticker
WP_000599.jpg
Rain Shot
WP_000584.jpg
Stupid cat would'nt get out!
WP_000424.jpg
Preparing Spare Wheel For Spraying
WP_000391.jpg
Primed
WP_000392.jpg
Paint & Laquer
WP_000393.jpg
Close Up of Halfords Fiat Black Metalic Paint (you can see a slight flake in the paint)
WP_000394.jpg

WP_000365.jpg
making a new sub box
WP_000229.jpg
-
WP_000233.jpg
New rear bumper splitter!!!!!! :D still need to get a spare bumper to fit it on to
WP_000398.jpg
Engine Without Cover
WP_000611.jpg
Airbox Improvement!
DSC01334.JPG
Removed Rubbish Air Feed
DSC01325.JPG
Replaced Air Feed And Located It Low Down Near The Fog Light
WP_000612.jpg
Spraying The Engine Cover
WP_000620.jpg
-
WP_000623.jpg
-
WP_000624.jpg
Shiney Even When Dirty :D
DSC01172.JPG
As It Stands Today
DSC01231.JPG
Reactions: Rob93
Hey mate, can you tell me more about the Airbox Improvement and how did you pass the air sensor? More photos perhaps?

Doesn't the former owners name appear on the old part of the v5 document? (might not be v5 but something along that line)
good point, didnt think of that, but i guess it still wont tell me the things i want to know.

reason being, ive not looked properly but i parked up next to another gps and mine was much lower, so now i dont know if i have some lowering springs on or not. i dont want to buy some and then it not be any different.

Hey mate, can you tell me more about the Airbox Improvement and how did you pass the air sensor? More photos perhaps?
defo want to know more about the air filter... as for above, the sensor is still there, cut the tubing in the box by the look of it!
well theres not exactly much to tell. firstly i removed the air box and put on an old cone filter and although there was a noise increase on acceleration and louder turbo spool, i didnt trust it mainly as it was a cruddy old cone filter.

Anyway , after looking closer at the airbox it has several flaws. to start with the air feed to the box goes through the twistyest and narrowest of tubes and only has the gap between the bumper and the bonnet to gain air (And its also behind some plastic on the 'scuttle panel??') so surely this is not maximising air flow.... so i removed it. in the top half of the air box there is a random excess pipe that goes to the middle of the filter, now to me. this makes the airflow through the filter a 40-60 percentage as the vaccume is only 'directly' on half the filter, so i removed it, now the vacume fills the whole top half of the box for maximum uninterupted airflow.

then on the lower half of the box, a simple flexi pipe from halfords, not the bigger expensive one near all the fairy dust stickers! but the smaller cheaper one which you will find nearer the factory air filters in the store then just cable tied it into the hole in the box. job done. works well for me and still get a nice Tsss when i let off the throttle at about 3k revs

What paint did you use to spray your engine cover?
this was mainly to cover up my first attempt at painting the cover haha. i used wickes high temperature spray paint (which i originally bought for the bbq) and then held a spare can of my old ford focus moondust silver in the air and gently covered it in paint 'dust' as it was held quite a distance from the cover to give it a speckly effect instead of a solid colour.

Last edited:
i've just been out and took a few pics but thought a few videos would be better so they're uploading as i speak. not sure if you will be able to hear me rabbiting on about this that and the other but im sure you will all get the idea.

will post links to vids once theyre uploaded

Brill! I currently have a GSR mock induction kit but its rather annoying at times. pritty much always has a tishhh every release of the throttle which is cool.
I've just been looking at my original box as I've been thinking of putting it back on... how the hell do you cut that pipe inside? can't seem to see if it comes out!

Thanks for the videos, yeah going to give it ago on the standard box tomorrow, prob make that box work better with some silicone hoses too. which i may try mod into your idea.

love the bit at the end where your sidelight starts blinkin :')

how much was the air ducting from halfrauds btw?

Last edited:
Back