my first day of driving...

Currently reading:
my first day of driving...

Unlucky beau

When was the green one last serviced?

If the water pumps gone, id be tempted to get cambelt etc done as well, chances are they could be knackered as well

hi its karens mum congratulations on passing your test sounds like first day was fun.enjoy all the the rest of them better than waiting for the bus.take care love maureenxx

All these years to practice your mechanical skills, when you knew you were getting a FIAT, and you called out the AA...use the force :D

You asked about my decat the other day, well, I get no steam or smoke from my exhaust al all, other than just starting on a cold day, other than that its clean.

Also, if the timing has slipped like dave mentioned, it could screw up your valves etc.

However, here's hoping its the water pump.....not too hard even doing it yourself, need the cam lockers though to do it properly (PM if needed). Will be nice and easy in a roomy punto bay :p

Kristian

All these years to practice your mechanical skills, when you knew you were getting a FIAT, and you called out the AA...use the force :D

You asked about my decat the other day, well, I get no steam or smoke from my exhaust al all, other than just starting on a cold day, other than that its clean.

Also, if the timing has slipped like dave mentioned, it could screw up your valves etc.

However, here's hoping its the water pump.....not too hard even doing it yourself, need the cam lockers though to do it properly (PM if needed). Will be nice and easy in a roomy punto bay :p

Kristian
lol :p just my luck with all my puntos iv had :p the one i decide to keep breaks down on day 1 :eek:

well, it is smokey! and stinks, someone even pulled over to tell me, something isnt right, but it was running well, apart from the mis fire when warmed up.

well i towed it to a garage today, having water pump and cambelt done, if it is the water pump that is... lol

the pump wouldn't cause the stink and smoke, it'd just **** water over the road.

ask them to compression test it before you get it back...prob cost you no extra and either show a failed HG or just be a good future reference (y)

Kristian

i know, obviously ;) but i need to get the leaking water fixed before i can diagnoise the smoke/misfire.

well there is no mayo... so i wouldnt say the head gasket has gone.

i know, obviously ;) but i need to get the leaking water fixed before i can diagnoise the smoke/misfire.

well there is no mayo... so i wouldnt say the head gasket has gone.

not trying to worry you, but the HG can fail in many ways;

oil - water
oil - cylinder
water - cylinder
oil - atmosphere (leak around gasket)
water - atmosphere (leak around gasket)

an probs more.....does sound like its gone tbh. water - cylinder would cause steam and horrible coolant smell. I've had that before and oil-atmoshere, horrible mess lol

Kristian

not trying to worry you, but the HG can fail in many ways;

oil - water
oil - cylinder
water - cylinder
oil - atmosphere (leak around gasket)
water - atmosphere (leak around gasket)

an probs more.....does sound like its gone tbh. water - cylinder would cause steam and horrible coolant smell. I've had that before and oil-atmoshere, horrible mess lol

Kristian

well even if it has gone, i cant afford to repair it, il see how it is once its had the pump sorted, cos it doesnt over heat, so i can still drive it...

Back