my first day of driving...

Currently reading:
my first day of driving...

well was great :slayer: parked up to take some pics, was well happy lol :)

Image597.jpg

then, few miles down the road it started misfiring, something was banging, and rattling, pulled into mcdonalds to have a quick look, pulled up, something made a noise, engine bay filled with steam :eek: water everywhere lol.

Image599.jpg

3 hours later AA finally came.

Image601.jpg

Image602.jpg

they say its the water pump, but its still not anything to do with the misfiring or the banging he didnt think. :( very sad, mates all having a right laugh at me :(, i always say how reliable and great puntos are, first day and... lol

at least your not the only person who broke down in a punto today :(

Well...it can only get better from here....I holed my radiator and warped my engine block first time out so could be worse!!! *touches wood*

also i'd go its fiat....start...if it feels like it

when cold the gap where gasket gone me tight, when it hot it be bigger an make miss fire? you checked the normal things first?

well i drove it for total 11 miles, it didnt over heat, iv checked the oil for mayo, it just misfired when hot.

its quite smokey from the exhaust and stinks but i thought maybe its cos of the de-cat.

well it was white smoke yes but i just throught its cos the smokes coming straight out and not being filtered through the cat? :confused:

cos before it totaly broke it wasnt over heating, no mayo in cap iv checked several times.

Headgasket can go and leak into the cylinders hence burning off coolant as white smoke through the exhaust. Doesn't always end up in the oil. Have you checked the coolant level?

Back